Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Spirit_97

Spirit_97

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:13 AM

I have posted a previous post for a log file to be inspected and am waiting on a reply.
Running XP Home Edition SP2 ... connect to the internet via broadband ethernet.

Today I went in to a partition on my computer that I store my graphics in and found these folders in there, I do not know how they got there or where they really should be.

Could someone pleae help me?

The File Folders are as follows:

31ba30ad692bfbb4a3c (inside is an empty i386 folder)
4559b950c806ee1b38baa822e8e4 (inside is an empty i386 folder)
c5900496c861866f6fc53de58fa2 (inside is an empty i386 folder)
ed0226d7b1b89fda7a1abfc7449 (inside is an empty i386 folder)
fcc28d58e5ec84b829446b0566 (inside are these full folders...SP2GDR...SP2QFE...UPDATE)

Appreciate any help

Love Spirit
xxx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 esdog

esdog

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:20 AM

I think that these are the installation folders for Windows. The contents have obviously been deleted at some stage probably by using a disk cleaner program or similar.
Some mornings I wake up grumpy, on others I let her sleep in.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:00 AM

If you are currently in the process of waiting for an HJT log to be analyzed and addressed, please do not continue do anything else that will make that log unrepresentative of the actual system state of your computer, in other words - do not keep trying to fix any problem now on the computer involved.
Any change at all will change the validity of the log.

It takes a lot of time and effort to analyze a log and formulate a plan of attack to repair what the log shows is wrong and if you make changes to your computer in almost any way you will have wasted the time of the HJT expert, who, unknown to you, might be working on your log right now.

If you have made any changes please have the courtesy to post an addendum to your log to inform the HJT Team of any changes you made and thereafter please refrain from making any more or inform them that you would rather withdraw your log for the time being so you can continue to make attempts to resolve your issue yourself and then re-post a new log when you are satisfied that you have done what you can and will post a new log that will remain valid so they can work it with the assurance that they will not be wasting valuable time and effort.

Our HJT Team is more than willing to work on your log in your behalf. Please do not do anything that complicates their jobs.

#4 Spirit_97

Spirit_97
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:18 AM

I do apologise Enthusiast,
I just thought this was a new problem.

I have not been trying to fix things but have been patiently waiting.
Any changes on the computer that may have occurred have been
done due to the problem I have submitted the log file for.

As I stated in that things/programs disappear and come back all the time
these I have no control over at this time.

Love Spirit
xxx

Edited by Spirit_97, 07 September 2006 - 04:19 AM.

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:17 PM

Re: Your HJT Log:

If after 5 days you still have gotten no response, then post a link to your HJT log HERE.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic14717.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users