Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

~ Anyone remember Sims online? ~

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 KZ91820

KZ91820

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:04 PM

This was a classic game where the Sims were actual people. I had a blast. You could build your own house and stuff, really fun. I got married, had a few girlfriends, all kinds of crazy stuff. Then the developers took it down. I guess there was no money in it for them. Probably not, since I remember playing for a good year without spending a penny. But, very good entertainment factor to say the least. I miss that game...and my girlfriends. haha Yes, I had no life at the time, what can I say.... :bubbles: 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:23 PM

Haha! I haven't played this game, but know exactly what you mean. This is the case with all great online games. They are pretty addictive to say the least. I mean, you really get emotionally invested, lol.:lmao:

#3 RemorsefulRobot

RemorsefulRobot

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:58 AM

I never played it. But I remember reading an article on the gang-economy in the game in a gaming magazine. Apparently Cartels had formed in the games with hundreds (or thousands) of users that would refuse to interact with you if you did not pay some sort of membership (in game money) to be part of the group. There was apparently very little user interaction outside these groups.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_Online

#4 KZ91820

KZ91820
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:21 PM

I never paid a dime in the game. My girlfriend was wealthy and gave me tons of cash so I didn't even think about it. Damn gangs ruin everything! The problem is there was no law and order in the game. Kinda like America! But, in time that will change.

#5 Beehelp

Beehelp

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:37 AM

I au-pair girl used to play this game! I really loved that moments. These ware long'lasting moments and I could enjoy my free time :)

#6 KZ91820

KZ91820
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:54 AM

I had a hot tub. :)

#7 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:48 AM

Yeah I always wanted to buy that game but never got around to --seen the trailers & I was a die-hard fan of Sims: Unleashed (all ~8 expansion packs), didn't like Sims 2 that much, plus it didn't have Build Mode in the pirated version. Anyway brings back memories. The last I played --I had two gf's: Anita (blonde) & Claire (redhead.) Built the perfect mansion /w the money cheat, but later found a way to make tons of cash by maxing out Mechanic skill & selling Lawn Gnomes rofl ! Wish I could go back to that time & make an upstair /w Teleporter & Drinks Stand. Read all the GameFAQ's guides, I was an expert in Sims Ha-ha ! Too much to tell, can't fathom all of it at once !

~The Worlds Deceit Has Raped My Soul, We Melt The Plastic People Down Then We Melt Their Plastic Town~

alien.PNG

#8 KZ91820

KZ91820
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:51 AM

Wait, Claire?? The redhead? She was my wife!!! 

jk....

:P

#9 GoofProg

GoofProg

• Banned
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:21 PM

I never played it but I heard something about gangs in America and anarchy.  I like my virtual drugdealer in World of warcraft.  (your guyses international doctrine of interpol love won't work.)  You don't even know what a gang is.  (that college fraternity... its a gang... that little study group each month.. that's a gang... the republican caucus.. that is a gang meeting too.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users