Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop GPU Issues, for the love of god please help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 recoveryrawr

recoveryrawr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:09 PM

ASUS Q550L, Nvidia GeForce 745m, Windows 8.1 64x

One day while playing games, my laptop completely cut off from the internet, and then about 30 seconds to a minute later, cut to a black screen while the sound was still on. I shut off the laptop, powered it back on and could only get a black screen; windows would not boot at all. I figured since the display crashed, I'd uninstall and reinstall the display drivers. Booted into safe mode, uninstalled the display drivers, and booted back into normal mode with success. The intel integrated driver installed perfectly, but the 745m driver came up with a little exclamation mark in device manager and an error: "Code 43". Now the GPU isn't working at all. 

Things I've tried: 
-Updating/Flashing BIOS. 
-Trying about 8-10 different 745m drivers, most of which were provided by ASUS support staff.
-Preforming complete virus, malware, adware and spyware scans multiple times.
-Reinstalling other display drivers
-Installing a chipset update driver (NOTE: This never works because I get the same error: "File copying was unsuccessful. The setup will exit") 
-Running an SFC scan and repairing the disc image.
-Completely removing the display drivers and driver files with DDU before installing. 
-Refreshing the PC (Error pops up, I can't remember what it said but it has something to do with the hard drive)

Is the GPU just dead? It wasn't under heavy load when the issue happened (League of Legends, medium settings with the frame rate capped, not very intensive at all), all cooling fans were running and the laptop isn't very old. It doesn't have a history of anything intensive either. 

I can't do a factory reset: most of the programs on this computer are not mine and the owner does not want to reset the computer. I've tried to convince her as this is the last thing I can think of to do, but with no luck.

Open to all suggestions, please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:19 AM

You can download latest version of nvidia geforce gt 745m driver from below link.

"nvidia geforce 745m driver"

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/118516

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users