Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop power button and sleep settings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Alectrus

Alectrus

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:35 PM

Hi all,

I have a Lenovo W510 laptop with Windows 10 Professional. I see in the power settings that I can configure the power button to put the laptop to sleep when pressed. I have it configured as such but when I press the power button, nothing happens. If I manually put the laptop to sleep via the start menu, it sleeps fine.

Am I missing something obvious?

EDIT:

Note, I've cross posted this question here: http://windowssecrets.com/forums/showthread.php/180399-Laptop-power-button-and-sleep-settings

This post says that there is most likely some bug with the Lenovo W510 laptop line so I accept that as a solution.

Edited by Alectrus, 08 May 2017 - 02:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tivum

Tivum

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:03 PM

Have you tried pushing it for more than just a short click, not long enough to turn it off but just enough? It's hard to explain lol. I used to have a dell inspirion that I set-up to work like that and when I just touched the button for a quick second nothing happened I actually had to hold it for half a second to send it to sleep without it turning off.

#3 Alectrus

Alectrus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:24 PM

I have tried pushing it down with various durations - but stopping short from turning it off. So far nothing has worked.

#4 Tivum

Tivum

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:25 PM

I have tried pushing it down with various durations - but stopping short from turning it off. So far nothing has worked.

Then all I can say is it's a bug, it's a Lenovo, what do you expect, the only decent hardware they make are the monitors. :lmao:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users