Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Event Id 41 randomly.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Nothing2NoOne

Nothing2NoOne

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:28 PM

· OS - Windows 10 Pro
· x64 
· What was original installed OS on system? Windows 7 Ulimate x64
· full retail version 
· Age of system (hardware) bought and put together in 2013
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? I have reinstalled the OS but I do not recall how long ago. It's been prob 2 yrs.

· CPU- AMD FX-8350
· Video Card- ASUS GTX 660ti X2
· MotherBoard - ASUS TUF Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 SB950
· Power Supply - EVGA Supernova 1300W 80+ Gold Certified

· System Manufacturer- Built myself

· Laptop or Desktop? Desktop

I let Perfmon run for approximately 20 mins and nothing happened. Just stayed on the screen saying Collecting Data for 60 secs... 

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:21 AM

What is the problem you are experiencing?

#3 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,024 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:17 AM

Are these random BSODs or just hard shutdowns? Event ID 41s can mean either — it just means that the system lost power suddenly. Please uninstall MSI Afterburner, ASUS AI Suite II, and RivaTuner Statistics Server, all are known to cause BSODs/hangs. Can you disconnect your other graphics card and your other HDDs/SSDs to lessen the load on the PSU?

Apart from that, I have several suggestions:
-update your BIOS (if you know what you're doing)
-update Windows
-run MemTest86 for a minimum of eight passes. Here's a good guide if you need help.
-run Seagate SeaTools for Windows. Be sure to test all your drives with the S.M.A.R.T. and Long Generic tests.
-run Prime95 (read the details in the link)
-run these remaining hardware diagnostics
-monitor your temps with HWMonitor (just send me a screenshot if you're unsure)

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:46 AM

I was asking if this is actually a bsod or an entry in Event Manager. If they are indeed power losses and either shutdowns or reboots, the usual first step is to replace the power supply.

#5 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,024 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:31 AM

I was asking if this is actually a bsod or an entry in Event Manager. If they are indeed power losses and either shutdowns or reboots, the usual first step is to replace the power supply.

I understand. :thumbup2:

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#6 Nothing2NoOne

Nothing2NoOne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:02 PM

My problem has been randomly i'll walk away from my PC for an hour or so and when i come back it's powered off. Sometimes causing me to loss work i was doing with Sketchup. I was at my pc once when it happened and it popped up a bluescreen saying something about "Opps...." but i didnt get a chance to see what it said before it just shutdown.

Thanks for the reply. I will do the above suggestions and i'm familiar with memtest and Prime95. Also I've been running the verifier and for some reason my network icon has the red x on it but my internet is working. It's been running for close to 24hrs now should i post what it says.

Can you recommend a good gpu software? Only reason I use MSI is to control the fan curve for my gpus.

One last thing my PC never sleeps. When it dows it instantly comes right back on. Only time it seems to sleep is when it's actually shutdown causing the Event 41

Edited by Nothing2NoOne, 08 May 2017 - 06:10 PM.

#7 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:21 AM

You should try a different power supply. Even if the ram tests bad it may have been caused by a faulty ps.

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:09 AM

Just my 2¢..............

No recent BSOD's in the uploaded reports.  Latest one was from 20 April 2017

Many more Live Kernel Events (than BSOD's) in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report.

Event ID 41 is one of the events that are classified as Live Kernel Events - due to your description I'm supposing that most of the Live Kernel Events are Event ID 41 errors

Event ID 41 is a simple error - it merely states that Windows doesn't know why it shut down.

The pain is in figuring out what caused it.  Most often these errors are due to hardware, compatibility, or low-level driver issues.

More info on Event ID 41 here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

In this case (and the reason that I posted here) is because I've got a hunch.

The errors appear to be hardware related, with maybe some USB and networking involvement.

But a common thread amongst these is the motandroidusb program.

Please disconnect any devices associated with this from your system.

Then uninstall the software for it - and see if that helps stop the problem.

Get a flashlight and look inside the USB connector on the computer - is it damaged?

Possible problems:

- broken USB port

- broken USB cable

- broken Motorola android device

- incompatible Motorola software/drivers (not likely, but included as it is a possibility)

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 Nothing2NoOne

Nothing2NoOne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:22 PM

I do have a broken usb port on the front of my PC. i accidently kicked a cord plugged in awhile back and it ripped the plastic part out.

#10 Nothing2NoOne

Nothing2NoOne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:30 PM

Recently i've been getting allot of Event ID 370 failed to regenerate the printer driver info for XPS document writer. Could that cause it as well?

#11 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:13 AM

IMO there's a couple of things that can happen with a broken USB port:

- the contacts can touch each other - making a short circuit

- the short circuit can cause damage elsewhere in the system (I suspect this isn't likely as the USB standard doesn't use that much power).

The first step here is to remove the Motorola android device and uninstall it's software.

Then you wait and see if the problems continue.

I don't know if the printer driver thing is significant or not - but wouldn't expect it to be as serious as the Motorola android device or the broken USB port.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#12 Nothing2NoOne

Nothing2NoOne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:39 AM

OK i desoldered the broken USB port off my PC case. I also uninstalled all Motorola software. The problem seems to be happening every time i step away from my PC more then a couple hours.

#13 Nothing2NoOne

Nothing2NoOne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:42 AM

I've had 16 critical errors and 423 errors in the last 7 days.

#14 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:31 AM

It depends on what the errors are.

Most Critical errors are Event ID 41's - and are simply Windows' way of telling you that it doesn't know why it shut down.

As for errors, I've had 953 over the last 2 days and there's nothing wrong with my system (IMO)

Errors may/may not be significant and have to be reviewed with an eye to the currently occurring problems.

As I stated before, most Critical events are Event ID 41 errors.

And most Event ID 41 errors are due to causes that Windows can't see.

These are mostly hardware, compatibility, or low-level driver issues.

I have no knowledge of (or experience with) what happens when you remove components from your motherboard by desoldering.

I would strongly suggest that you post over in the Internal Hardware forums for some more expert assistance:    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/7/internal-hardware/ 

#15 Nothing2NoOne

Nothing2NoOne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:39 AM

I didnt desolder it from my mobo. It was on the front hub for my PC case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users