Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AV Routers, Do They Function as Promised ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jackisgreat

jackisgreat

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:37 AM

I just received an offer for the Norton Core because I have Norton Security on my devices. I was not aware of these routers until today.

It sounds like the perfect solution for all of our security needs, but who here has real world experience ?

Norton Core; https://us.norton.com/core-secure-router-features

From the website: 

"All it takes is one compromised baby monitor or smart thermostat for cybercriminals to infiltrate your network and reach your personal data. Core discovers smart devices, identifies vulnerabilities and secures them all. If a device is ever breached, Core quarantines the threat."

Bitdfender Box; https://www.bitdefender.com/box/

From the website: 

"It will secure your smart phones and smart TVs and all your other home appliances and gadgets, like Wi-Fi thermostats, gaming consoles and even your baby monitor."

Asus RT-AC3200; https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTAC3200/

Asus seems to be promoting their speed more than the security.

From the website: 

""AiProtection, incorporating state-of-the-art, three-pronged security from Trend Micro™, gives you enterprise-level security in the home. It constantly monitors the health and safety of the home network for your peace of mind.""

I am one who waits for the "bugs" to be worked out before I spend money but I know some people who do not mind being the "first on the block" to use the newest products.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 20,553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:46 AM

There is a long thread on the ASUS AC-87U on the wilderssecurity forum. You may want to read through it. 

#3 jackisgreat

jackisgreat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:34 PM

There is a long thread on the ASUS AC-87U on the wilderssecurity forum. You may want to read through it. 

Thanks, interesting thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users