Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 corrupt files, lots of errors

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 steve1927

steve1927

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:10 AM

Hello all, I

I have 3 year old Asus ,6 GB RAM, 64 bit using Windows 10 Home installed about 1 year ago. The issue is during the log in once I’m prompted for my password it gets stuck and the screen goes dark. I’ve gone in safe mode used troubleshoot nothing has worked. Below are some of the items I’ve checked. I’m unable to log on to the internet, load any windows application from external HDD, USB or use antivirus software. Bear with me I know enough about computers to get by.

1. CBS log which is 9.70 mb

2. SFC scan found corrupt files: AppCompat.txt, WERInternalMetadata.xml, memory.hdmp, triagedump.dmp.

3. Did SrtTrail system configuration problems: failed errors 0x32, 0x1F, 0x490,

4. LogonUI.exe application error: 0x00007FF9A65F73A6

5. Error 0x800f0906

Keep in mind that I'm currently using a 10 year old PC to to open this forum. Has it's limitations but it works for now. Any help at this point is greatly appreciated, thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:24 AM

Reinstall clean Windows, it is the only way to repair in this case.

#3 pantera2049

pantera2049

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:31 AM

hi!

Did you install some software before?

Can you enter safe mode ?

Did you change some hardware \ bios settings before?

Did you install some security soft before ?

#4 steve1927

steve1927
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:16 AM

Other than the normal windows 10 updates, I wanted to clean and removing old files.from my old Logitech Cam which I had installed  back when I had Windows 8, I was unable to open the files or remove them then the issues happened right after that. I didn't load or make any changes other than what I just mentioned.I can see all my desk top files and application other than that not much else I can do.From my external drive I tried loading the Windows ISO downloader as I attempt to run as administrator it goes through the set up then it will ask to download  and install updates from the internet I then get "This PC can't run Windows 10".in safe mode. I'm unable to open or download any windows based applications. I have noticed that on my Devices and drives (5) I now have "CD Drive (G) CCSA_X64FRE_EN-US DV5 which is the  Windows ISO downloader I have on my external HD. this wasn't there previously. Could be the Windows ISO I have been trying to download. Not sure if this matters I'm able to run CCleaner and Malwarebytes which are preexisting on my PC has no effect with nothing found. Thanks

#5 steve1927

steve1927
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:19 AM

Reinstall clean Windows, it is the only way to repair in this case.

I'm unable to reinstall or run any Windows application from an external drive or log on to the internet.

#6 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:27 AM

Do You want to say, that You don't have optical drive or working USB too?

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:35 AM

If you can access Safe Mode have you tried doing a Reset with the option to keep files? This may get to the point where you can access the internet to download a new Windows 10 iso file.

Have you tried DISM?

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/repair-corrupt-windows-image-error-0x800f0906

#8 opera

opera

• Members
  • 969 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:05 PM

Are you able go into safe mode (via cmd prompt as admin) to enable super administrator (without a password)  and log into it?

To enable this account, type this command & hit Enter:

Net user administrator /active:yes

To then disable this account, type this command & hit Enter:

Net user administrator /active:no

#9 steve1927

steve1927
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:09 PM

My external hdd Windows application files I'm unable to view, will not open . I have tried DISM repair utility that as well did not repair the issue.

How do I go about doing a "reset with the option to keep files"

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,265 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:27 PM

Note: A reset will require you to reinstall all your apps and programs.

http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/reset-windows-10-pc

#11 steve1927

steve1927
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:43 PM

I did enable this account, on administrator command prompt Net user administrator /active:yes.

#12 steve1927

steve1927
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2017 - 02:07 PM

On a reset I will still have a refreshed Windows 10 without my files and apps? Will it start to redo all the Windows 10 updates or will they still be there? I'm fine with a refresh as long as I can use my PC

#13 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,265 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2017 - 02:24 PM

I don't know how far the reset takes Windows back. It may be necessary to do security updates. Also if an OEM like you have I am not sure if the reset would take it back to the original build or the last major upgrade. Somebody with more Windows 10 experience may be able to answer this question.

I believe you would lose all the apps and programs you installed that did not originally come with windows when doing a reset with the option to keep files.

#14 steve1927

steve1927
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:24 PM

I'm hesitant do to a reset not knowing the end result, will I be worst off. Would like to know if someone has done a reset what was the end result.  Do I have any other viable option other than a reset. If so then be it. Thanks

#15 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,265 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:54 PM

Basically a reset would be a clean install of Windows 10. Your apps and programs you installed will be gone. I assume you have tried doing a System Restore. 

If this was an upgrade from Windows 8 it may be best to do a clean install. You would need to download the Media Creation Tool on another computer to create either a DVD or USB flash drive for installing Windows 10. You would need to back up all your personal data and any license keys before the clean install.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If the reset did not work then a clean install is your best option. You could also download UBCD on another computer and use it to check your hard drive and memory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users