Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DS Gives Gamers Another Window On Thier World

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 11 December 2004 - 01:16 PM

The newest piece of hardware in the video game wars, the Nintendo DS, arrived in stores last month out to prove that two is better than one--in more ways than one. Published: December 11, 2004, 6:30 AM PST By J.D. Biersdorfer The New York Times The popular handheld console has two display screens ready for duty when a player flips open the clamshell case, and two microprocessors to handle the color game graphics and the machine's many other functions. True to its dual nature, the device has slots for two kinds of game cartridges: its own Nintendo DS games, as well as any of the hundreds of cartridges designed for the older Game Boy Advance machines. "We wanted people with a big game library to feel comfortable moving forward," said George Harrison, senior vice president for marketing and communications at Nintendo of America. The DS includes the standard navigation and action buttons typically found on handheld consoles and controllers, but it also has a touch screen and a thumb pad that give players different ways to play. Even the microphone can be used to control the action. "We had to provide software developers with new ways to allow customers to interact with our game.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 03 January 2005 - 01:46 PM

In a related story:

Games add sizzle to Nintendo DS

Edited by scarlett, 03 January 2005 - 01:47 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users