Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Setting Up 802.1P QoS on Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rainingforest

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:33 AM

I currently have a Windows 10 desktop which I dual boot with ParrotOS. Anyway, I have a TL-SG108E version 2 web-managed layer 2 switch. I have the uplink on port 8, desktop on port 1, and my laptop on port 3. The uplink goes straight to my Comcast router. I also set up a VLAN on the router with the computer and laptop port tagged, and the uplink/router port untagged. The PVIDs are also set to the VLAN ID for the desktop and laptop ports. Everything works fine there.

Here is my problem. By default, Windows does not add 802.1P QoS to packet headers. I have the Intel ethernet I218-V NIC. I have downloaded the intel advanced networking driver, etc. I went into the VLAN tab on the device configuration and set a VLAN with an ID of 1 so that it is included in the default device VLAN, and then I added it to my second VLAN which is the main one. After that, my Internet connection drops out. If I go back into the device configuration window, both Internet Protocol Version 4 and 6 are disabled in the window. The advanced networking tool also gets disabled. If I try to enable the VLAN device which is added to the network and sharing center, it will not enable.

What the heck is wrong? I just want to get 802.1P QoS added to packet headers. I also get this kernel error when I do try to enable the VLAN on the card.

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15A1&SUBSYS_85C41043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&C8 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: net1ic64.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: e1iexpress
Lower Filters: 
Upper Filters: 
Problem: 0x15

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users