Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I wan to upgrade to windows 7. Can it be done?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fantasy09

fantasy09

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:50 PM

I want to upgrade my very old gaming computer to Windows 7. Can that be done on the net. I found this. Is it okay to use.  

Current OS Windows XP Service pack 3.

https://windows-7-home-premium.en.softonic.com/

Also would it be safe to upgrade in safemode. From startup on down everything is very wavy, and when I tried to go to the net it gave me a blue-screen. I also got an an error message saying the computer has recovered from a serious error. This is unfortunately the computer I have to use for the time being until I can get a power supply for my other one. :(

Edited by fantasy09, 05 May 2017 - 09:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:32 PM

That is declared to be a Full Version (i.e. not OEM). You have to already have a Full License for Windows 7 and use your own installation key in order to install it legitimately on a computer (as you do also for OEM). That applies however you gain the use of installation media (download, borrowed DVD...). Downloads of installation media not obtained directly from Microsoft always have a question hanging over them.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users