Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hit with ransomware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jjslll54

jjslll54

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:11 PM

Hello, 

A friend told me about you guys as a possible source to help me unencrypt my files. I was hit with a ransomware virus and now all of my Microsoft office files and all of my photos are locked. The following is a copy of the instructions for decrypting my files that seem to be in each folder that was attacked:

"All your documents (databases, text files, images, videos, source codes, etc.) have been encrypted.

To decrypt your files you must purchase the decryption key and decryption tool. 

You must pay the fee of 0.05 BTC (Bitcoin) ($77.39) which can be purchased from LocalBitcoins.com

You can email locker@riseup.net and speak to a member of the Crypto Locker team to help you restore your files.

Decryption is a very simple, straight forward process. We recommend paying the fee and having your files restored. There is no other way to restore your files with out our tool and decryption key which is unique for this computer.

It is recommended you pay the fee and restore your files. This not only restores your files, but also allows us to delete any information gathered on you while you have been monitored.

CryptoLocker Team 

locker@riseup.net "

I can send you one of the files if you have a way for me to do it and if it is safe. Best way to get me is by e-mail at jjslll54 at gmail dot com I thank you in advance for any help I can get. 

Jacob

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zombiepredator156

Zombiepredator156

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:57 PM

Same problem is some knows solution help.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:16 AM

Are there any obvious file extensions appended to or with your encrypted data files (i.e. several random hexadecimal characters, words or email addresses)? If so, is the extension the same for each encrypted file or is it different?

What is it's actual name of the ransom note?

The best way to identify the different ransomwares is the ransom note (including it's name), samples of the encrypted files, the malware file itself, any obvious extensions appended to the encrypted files, samples of the encrypted files and information related to any email addresses used by the cyber-criminals to request payment.

You can submit samples of encrypted files and ransom notes to ID Ransomware for assistance with identification and confirmation. This is a service that helps identify what ransomware may have encrypted your files and then attempts to direct you to an appropriate support topic where you can seek further assistance. Uploading both encrypted files and ransom notes together provides a more positive match and helps to avoid false detections.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:39 AM

Jack, if you read this, you might help others by participating in this survey"

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/646823/ransomware-survey/

Jack, for future use:

https://www.nomoreransom.org/decryption-tools.html

along with the one you used earlier:

https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/

Edited by RolandJS, 16 May 2017 - 08:26 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users