Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new jigsaw variant? .exe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 statiksky

statiksky

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:56 AM

reference upload SHA1: 000298db88792a8345fface380efb0ed264642ce

yesterday i seem to have got screwed, as this was a totally new thing for me i dont have screenshots or ransomthingiesshots. i did upload two of the files that were encrypted on a usb stick that was plugged in at the time but they werent recognized and i got the message that i uploaded an exe file.

intresting fact (maybe) is that i'm working on an imac and have windows on bootcamp and jigsaw managed to screw with the osx partitions as well. i'm gonna try to install an osx version on an external drive to see if tht can repair the osx partitions.

the only thing that puzzles me is that i noticed that on my external drive all my files got moved to a temp dir and that it made copies to the root of 11kb and 8kb

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 statiksky

statiksky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:38 PM

updated upload: SHA1: c14c1c190168c7d5a38f2b30ed2b8539899a374f

#3 statiksky

statiksky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:34 AM

small update: located a hidden temp folder on a usb stick that was connected were all the original files were and the zip and rar files were normally accessible, wave files were playable, no encryption or anything. so i'm guessing that this will be the case with all my other files and will make a bootable osx usb and copy all needed stuff to a new external hd and reinstall the whole damn thing. joy installing 2 os's and software incl a bleepload of plugins for my music software... which ofcourse i like doing way more than producing neighborterrorizing sounds

Edited by statiksky, 06 May 2017 - 08:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users