Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AT&T Homepage Snafu

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 20,550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:12 PM

IE has a setting for compatibility. Add the att page per this guide. Option 3

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1196-internet-explorer-compatibility-view-turn-off.html

Edit: I am not sure this will work as I tried IE11 on this page and it was correctly rendered.

Edited by JohnC_21, 05 May 2017 - 02:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#17 sikntired

sikntired
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 900 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:28 PM

I followed your suggestion about compatibility settings and followed instructions in the link provided. Sadly, this did not resolve it.

Any other thoughts??

Again, thank you for your assistance.

Just a thought, and this may show my lack of computer wizardry but would network adapters have any bearing? I have Ipv6 disabled.

Edited by sikntired, 05 May 2017 - 02:32 PM.

#18 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 20,550 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:05 PM

I don't think it's a network adapter issue as firefox displays the page fine. I only have one idea left and that is to disable all addons in IE. This problem only occurs on the att page, correct? 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17447/windows-internet-explorer-11-manage-add-ons

Possibly running TFC after disabling addons.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/tfc/

If that does not work the only thing I can recommend is to use a different browser, firefox or Chrome.

#19 sikntired

sikntired
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 900 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:21 PM

John,

Your suggestion of disabling add-ons is one that crossed my mind but never did. However after your suggestion, I thought why not?? So I did disable all add-ons and now everything is as it should be. It worked !!!  :bananas:

I want to sincerely thank you for you for your persistence in assisting me.

#20 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 20,550 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:46 PM

Your Welcome, 

You may want to enable each add-on until you find the one that is causing the problem.

#21 sikntired

sikntired
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 900 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2017 - 05:23 PM

Yes, I will do so. But I am experiencing another problem now that I reset IE and other programs to their defaults. I cannot change my Windows Update settings. When I try to do so I get this ......SOME SETTINGS ARE MANAGED BY YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR and the dropdown to change settings is greyed out. Tried using gpedit.msc and hit enter but nothing happens. Curious?

Probably should post this in Windows 7 Forum.

Edited by sikntired, 05 May 2017 - 05:24 PM.

#22 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 20,550 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:49 PM

Yes, start a new thread in the Windows 7 forum. Resetting IE should not have affected permissions. You only reset IE from within IE, correct?

Edited by JohnC_21, 05 May 2017 - 06:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users