Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OneDrive for Business (Windows 10 "next gen" client) hasn't synced in months

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mopcdroid

mopcdroid

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:31 AM

So I've been through the whole ordeal with Microsoft's "support" department, both through the Office 365 Admin Portal and the answers.microsoft.com team (who was, believe it or not, actually more competent).  Four months ago, first full week in January, my company's Office 365 OneDrive for Business system stopped syncing. 40 users, spread across a dozen states. Most employees are on Charter for Internet service but not all; I've determined it's NOT something like a Charter-specific issue.  On January 10, something changed where older documents would still sync but any documents modified on or after that date would not sync to any computer anymore, and changes made on the computer in Windows Explorer would not upload or sync.  (Changes made through Microsoft Office 2016 applications and saved using built-in Office methods still sync.)

We had been in the preview program for the Next Gen sync client since maybe November, so this was not a case of having the old Groove client made defunct and just failing to get on board with the new. We were already in the next gen program ahead of time.

Even to this day, OneDrive for Business libraries are out of sync, with all computers stuck on a status like "Downloading 153.9 KB of 402.5 MB at 0.0 KB/s, 1288 files remaining".  (Funny thing is I've moved on to another product for the time being and at present only have 1 Word and 1 Excel document in my OneDrive for Business folder at tenant-my.sharepoint.com!)

Microsoft's script readers have had me reset, run Fiddler traces, etc. more times than I can count. I've easily spent 35 hours on the phone with some of the most patronizing and clueless support techs on the planet. 

After two and a half months, Microsoft finally determined the following:

Issue Description

OneDrive for Business (Win10, next gen client) stopped syncing for entire O365 tenant.

Root cause

No CSRF token (X-RequestDigest header) was sent on the POST request.

Solution

It is a known issue from Product Group and the problem will be fixed until April when they release the new version of OneDrive client.

In closing this case, I would like to mention that your cooperation had been valuable while working on the case. Thank you for working with us. Meanwhile, if you have any questions on Office 365, please feel free to contact Microsoft Support, we’ll be happy to assist you further.

However, they later said that this was fixed in the 0313 release and guess what... I've actually had that for a month and no change.

So now I am turning to the community as I really cannot deal with Microsoft's inept excuse of a support department any longer but am still responsible to my company for this product we're paying for not working.  

Has anyone else run into this?

Have you had any resolution?

It's worth also noting that my Office 365 Admin area often doesn't work right -- parts fail to load, it times out, has random errors, etc. The Support area is broken just showing a white screen with a search box and a ticket from months ago.  However, Microsoft has assured me that there is "nothing" wrong with my account or tenant.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users