Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best high-end smartphone right now in terms of bang-for-your-buck

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:27 AM

Hey guys, I am wondering, which is the best high-end smartphone these days in terms of bang for your buck?

I am pretty sure that would be Samsung Galaxy S7, as its price dropped after the unveling of the Samsung Galaxy S8. What do you think? Maybe Huawei P9 instead?

Which is the best high-end smartphone right now in terms of bang-for-your-buck?:)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Off_the_deep_end

Off_the_deep_end

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:27 AM

I would have to say the LG G6 is the best bang for your buck. Yes currently the Galaxy S7 is a little cheaper because the S8 has been released to purchase. However for a little bit more money you will get a little bit more "bang".

The G6 has a bigger battery, camera, processor, screen. Those are just the things I can think of right off the top of my head. I am not a fan of Samsung smartphones. (I LOVE My Samsung TV) Their phones are just to sensitive and touchy for me to deal with. LG phones have always been great to have and use. I have had many of them (LG phones) over the course of many years and have always been happy with them.

#3 Shadokat

Shadokat

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:49 PM

I recently upgraded my phone and chose the LG G6. I was using a G Stylo which I really enjoyed, but wanted to have the "flagship model." Having only had it a few days I can only talk about a few things. It's very fast and holds a charge very well. I don't have problems with the battery dying every couple of hours and I have a lot of background stuff running. It has an unusual body. You can't open it. It's got a metal band all the way around the edges. It comes with a little pin, and to do things like insert the SIM & SD cards you have to push the pin into a hole to eject the holder for the cards (similar to the way you open a malfunctioning DVD player). There are little pinholes in 2 other places on the band but I haven't read into what they are used for. But all of this is to make the phone water and dust resistant. If you're someone who likes to keep spare batteries and change them out this might be a problem for you. But you can buy a portable charger (battery pack) for it if you want to carry around extra juice available when there's no power around. Apparently only The US model of this phone has the ability to charge on one of those wireless chargers. I don't have one and haven't tried (I am in the US). The camera has two lenses, one for regular and one for wide angle pictures. They are 13MP, while the front facing (selfie) camera is 5MP. I haven't taken any pictures but the camera is getting good ratings. The display takes up most of the front of the phone and is 2880x1440 (essentially 2 to 1). I really like it but some might not because every app doesn't fit perfectly. Resolution for things like YouTube videos is different (16:9 vs 2:1) so you've got black bands on either side of the picture. This doesn't bother me but there is a feature on the phone that will scale an app when it doesn't fit perfectly on the screen. Videos play without hesitation and the picture is sharp. I've read that the G6 is using an older processor than some of the high end new phones like the S8, but the difference is miniscule and I'm very happy with how fast my phone does things. I've also read that S8 and other phones use AMOLED displays while this one still has an LCD. Again, not a big deal for me. It has gorilla glass on the front and back. It has the Google assistant, accessible from the home button. It was fun to set up. The power button on the back will scan your fingerprint if you want it to, and that fingerprint scan can be used as security in your apps if you want it to. I haven't discovered all of the bells and whistles in this phone and I'm sure there's a lot I'm leaving out. But so far I love the phone and it's an improvement over what I had. However, a family member has a new LG Stylo 3 Plus and I set it up for her. It's larger than this phone and has its own stylus. I really like it and at half the price of my G6 would consider it a great option for budget minded customers. It has some fantastic features. I'm sorry if this sounds like an LG commercial. I'm a former Samsung user and have been nothing but satisfied since I moved to LG phones. Samsungs had left me cold with great features but less than stellar performance and constant manufacture defects that had necessitated multiple warranty exchanges. But I like my G6. I hope this helps.

#4 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:31 PM

Thanks!:thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users