Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problem with shift key and cursor

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 katiemay1143

katiemay1143

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:55 AM

please bear with me here.

at some point last evening, i noticed that when i used the shift key, i would be taken back to the last web page i was on. this doesn't happen in word, but it happens when i try to type something on fb or twitter or in my email.

also, when i move my cursor up to the http box, the address up there moves to the left on its own. this happens in other instances, as well.

i am using an hp laptop, windows 8.1. i have run a virus scan, tfc, and jrt. i also removed my firefox add-ons. if i use the keyboard that pops up on my screen, the issue with the shift key doesn't happen. it only seems to be the shift key on the keyboard.

i hope someone can help me. thanks.

EDIT - i tried to go in and see what the language/region settings were, and it won't let me choose my country or language. basically, it automatically scrolls down to the bottom and won't let me choose my country/language. so i'm stuck in zimbabwe.

EDIT: Looks like it's fixed. I unplugged the USB for the mouse and plugged it back in and now the issue is fixed.

Edited by katiemay1143, 05 May 2017 - 03:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users