Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 Ult 32bit - Boot Manager Failure - Ongoing...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ShamaLamaDingDong

ShamaLamaDingDong

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:24 AM

Hello all and thank you for letting me join this forum. Straight to the matter of why I have joined...

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit - Boot Manager Failure

Last week, I removed some old programs, cleaned up the drive with Ccleaner, installed a new antivirus program (avast), and started to update the OS using the Windows updater.

The updater didn't respond after one hour. I restarted. all was okay, then on another restart the PC then failed to load and gave a "Boot Manager Error" - 0xc000000e

Full error code - 0x0000007b (0x80786b5b, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x000000000) on blue screen.

Have tried using the installation disc and boot into repair mode, but it fails. *see photos

IMG_4396_zpsxorcibgy.jpg

IMG_4397_zpsjveoaoqr.jpg

From the command prompt , I have used the bootrec.exe tool to /FixMBR /FixBoot /RebuildBCD multiple times with no effect.

Please note that that my system reserve is on the C: drive while my system is on the D: drive

Tried changing boot volumes, but that gave a bootloader not found error.

Using LINUX -Puppy I was able to boot into that and access all my files. I even replaced the BootCache file to no avail.

I have downloaded and used many Boot repair tools (Hirens boot repair, Boot Repair 32Bit, System Rescue, etc) all with the same effect.

The drive is error free and the data on the drive is fine, just boot failure every time.

*also, I should mention that I have searched this forum. Most of the answers I have found so far reflect the steps I have taken so far*

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

SLDD

Edited by ShamaLamaDingDong, 05 May 2017 - 08:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users