Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse freezing for a few seconds seemingly randomly

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 wtfmouse

wtfmouse

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 05 May 2017 - 05:48 AM

Ever since I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 when I got a new SSD, my Deathadder mouse freezes for a few seconds sometimes frequently ONLY when playing a game mostly while playing battlegrounds. At first I thought it was my drivers but reinstalling them did nothing I also tried putting polling rate to 500, calibrating mouse surface, uninstalling synapse using only default drivers and no luck. I tried cleaning the sensor, checking mouse cable, switching usb ports, uninstalling all USB drivers and reinstalling, updating drivers, unchecking allow device to power off in power options, disabling suspend hangtime, swapping to USB 2.0, exiting other programs, did a malware/virus scan and some infections were deleted. I thought MAYBE somehow my overclocking is too high? The thing is my temperatures were normal as usual even at high load and my overclock settings were the same before i upgraded to windows 10 but when I lowered the core speed by 300mhz, the mouse freezing is less frequent (coincidence maybe?) but it still happens. The only thing I dont have is a different mouse to test. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas as to why this may be happening? I scoured the internet and tried every suggestion.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:10 PM

The best thing would be to try another mouse. If you borrow one from a friend, relative, or maybe even a neighbor if you are friendly with them. Or try your mouse on another computer if you can.

I will admit that they fact that it seems to happen only when you are playing a game does suggest to me that is it not the mouse itself, but rather something else.

Do you have Razer's specific drivers installed? If so, then try uninstalling them and DO NOT reinstall them yet. Just use the default Windows mouse driver (you will lose the more advanced features of the mouse for the moment) and see if you have the same problem. If you do, then that suggests there is some issue with Razer's drivers.

Other thing to try would be to leave the Task Manager open and set to the Processes tab with the processes sorted by CPU usage. Then you can see if some process "spikes" in CPU usage when this happens.

#3 wtfmouse

wtfmouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:01 AM

It was really bad then I closed my Logitech Gaming Software and Synapse in task manager and it got alot more bearable only having freezing once every 5-10 minutes. Also It seems to happen only when I swipe my mouse right very quickly but when I test it on my desktop it doesnt freeze ever so idk whats happening

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:24 PM

This is something new that has cropped up in the last week.  Something in the newest Windows software updates a driver for the mouse has gotten scrambled.  Random freezes was the most obvious fault.  I did find a difference when the nouse was plugged into the MOBO port and not a USB.

#5 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:26 PM

It was really bad then I closed my Logitech Gaming Software and Synapse in task manager and it got alot more bearable only having freezing once every 5-10 minutes. Also It seems to happen only when I swipe my mouse right very quickly but when I test it on my desktop it doesnt freeze ever so idk whats happening

Does the desktop have all the mouse specific drivers installed? Have you actually removed all the mouse drivers and software on the problem computer like I suggested to see if that changes anything (I cannot tell for sure if you did by your phrasing of "closed")?

#6 wtfmouse

wtfmouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:51 PM

I tried completely removing Synapse but it still persists, and uninstalling and reinstalling all USB drivers but no luck. And I cant remove the Logtiech program because I lose the surround sound for my g35 but I can close the program. 

EDIT: I already have the mouse plugged into the motherboard and not a USB hub

Edited by wtfmouse, 06 May 2017 - 09:54 PM.

#7 wtfmouse

wtfmouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:19 AM

I'm thinking its the creators update i disabled game mode and some other things and seems to be working pretty well now the occasional freeze every 10 minutes or so but it was MUCH worse before every 10-20 seconds

#8 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:16 PM

I'm not too familiar with WINX but I like to use the task manager, it gives you a list of running processes and you might be able to see which program is causing the CPU to ignore the mouse while it's doing this other task.  I've seen malware react this way too.

#9 wtfmouse

wtfmouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:52 AM

Im pretty sure I fixed it almost completely, it only happens maybe once every 45mins to 1 hour. What I did was disable the new Windows 10 game mode, completely turn off windows firewall, uninstall other/old mouse drivers, and remove nvidia components keeping just the graphics driver.

Edited by wtfmouse, 09 May 2017 - 02:53 AM.

#10 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:25 AM

No doubt something messed up with your windows update, its sad but it happens.

I also have a deathadder now (had to replace one of the mice in my apartment unit) and will take heed of others issues on this matter.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users