Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer crash, monitor screens go black have to hard restart

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mr_BN

Mr_BN

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:26 PM

Not sure where to post this because the monitors are what go off but it may be a graphics card thing?

at random times both my monitors shut down and do not turn on. sometimes when it happens I can still hear my music playing in the background and still able to type/interact with files. the only way I can get the display back up is to hard reboot my computer. I can only guess that this is my graphics card that randomly quits but I am not sure. I have upgraded and downgraded the drivers and checked all the cables used for the computer and there are no problems. it can happen without warning with nothing even running. 

here is everything you could possibly ask about my computer: https://pastebin.com/SCZkdPmS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:39 PM

Does the same thing happen if you only have one monitor connected?

#3 dna9

dna9

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:43 AM

try swapping the monitors one at a time.  video card going bad?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:59 PM

Your rail voltages shown in you pastebin are too low.  Please download and run CPUID HWMonitor.

Ether create a screenshot or use the Snipping Tool to create an image of the rail voltages.  You can use the instructions below if needed to post the image.

You can post the screenshot in your next post as an attachment.  

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options.

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

attachment_zps9v6amtri.png

The one piece of information that was not included is the make and model of the PSU.  Please provide this.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Mr_BN

Mr_BN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:04 PM

Your rail voltages shown in you pastebin are too low.  Please download and run CPUID HWMonitor.

Ether create a screenshot or use the Snipping Tool to create an image of the rail voltages.  You can use the instructions below if needed to post the image.

You can post the screenshot in your next post as an attachment.  

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options.

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

attachment_zps9v6amtri.png

The one piece of information that was not included is the make and model of the PSU.  Please provide this.

I have a thermaltake tr2 700w for my PSU. 

was this what you were looking for?
Attached File  HWMonitor_2017-05-05_21-37-11.png   222.49KB   1 downloads
Attached File  HWMonitor_2017-05-05_21-37-24.png   200.47KB   1 downloads

#6 Mr_BN

Mr_BN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:24 PM

Does the same thing happen if you only have one monitor connected?

I am attempting to remove one of the monitors but it may be a little bit until I am able to figure out as it does seem to crash at random times. 

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:33 AM

I have a thermaltake tr2 700w for my PSU. 

was this what you were looking for?

No,that is not what I requested.  The image below is what I need to see.

hwmonitor1_zpski4dwffl.png

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 Mr_BN

Mr_BN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:43 PM

I just reinstalled the OS. so far it has not been doing any of the same crashes lately.

#9 dna9

dna9

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:13 PM

I just reinstalled the OS. so far it has not been doing any of the same crashes lately.

hang in there.  lets see if that does it.  BTW why don't you back up your important stuff to an external or make a D: partition and do it right.  a total "reset".  that way you know there is nothing lurking...

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:45 AM

hang in there.  lets see if that does it.  BTW why don't you back up your important stuff to an external or make a D: partition and do it right.  a total "reset".  that way you know there is nothing lurking...

Backing up your important files to removable media is the key here.  If  the HHD/SSD fails you would lose what ever was on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users