Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help analyzing pc

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ceerg

Ceerg

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:31 PM

I would really appreciate if you could analyze these logs to see if there are anything weird going on. It might be nothing, but when I logged in to my microsoft account and got verification code in phone, i got another one shortly after. Maybe it was somekind of bug in the system and they sent a duplicate, but maybe someone else was trying to access the account. I have experienced some weird stuff before too, but its too long to discuss here.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,316 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:47 PM

Hello,

I checked your logs and see nothing untoward. The problem you reported does usually not have anything to do with an infection, it can be an attempt from someone else to access your account. Anybody can attempt to access an account and click the "recover password" link. This is why you have multi-factor authentication. Microsoft will usually show you from which location an attempt was made to access the account in the mail.

It is also possible that Microsoft detected that you logged in from a new device or browser.

In any case, there is nothing wrong with your computer. Please let me know if you have any further question or problem.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#3 Ceerg

Ceerg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:01 PM

Well, my email is very obscure, no one is gonna type it by accident and if someone got that, they likely got that through spyware. Though i am not entirely sure if anyone tried to access it, since the text message seems to contain same code i logged in with. The txt message came shortly after i had logged, and it shows same time stamp in the txt message. But it if its duplicate, its weird since ive never encountered this before and ive used microsoft account for long time.

Anyway, if its not too much trouble here are newer, updated logs. Ive seen some slowing down occasionally in browsing, maybe its nothing. I scanned my pc with sophos, roguekiller, eset online scanner, avast, malwarebytes, fsecure online scanner and found nothing.

If these logs dont show anything, this thread can be closed.

Attached Files

#4 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,316 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:44 PM

There is nothing wrong with the logs, your computer is not infected.

Also, I really want to draw your attention to the fact that it is not okay to start multiple topics. Not only is it very confusing (because the one(s) helping you may not have seen the other topics you posted afterwards), it also means various helpers are all doing the sam thing, which frankly is a waste of time. Please consider this before starting yet another topic. Further topics that concern the same issues even though you still have other topics open will be closed without further notice.

As this issue is resolved, this topic will now be locked.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users