Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unable to boot system

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chriffan

chriffan

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:32 AM

I can't boot to Windows after removing some malware. I had to reboot system to finish cleanup of infection and the system froze with horizontal lines across the screen and had to manually shutdown the computer. I had been experiencing the freeze up and thought once the infection was removed this would be fixed. It wasn't. The next time I turned it on I got a blue screen saying there is a problem and was stopped to protect the computer. The codes at the bottom of the page were: 880009a9928, 0007b, 00034. As a novice, I have no idea what they mean. It restarted and went to startup repair which showed no isssues and was unable to fix. So I ran, in order, SFC, chkdsk, memory diagnostics, restore from 2 different restore points. None found any issues. Then I tried to run from last good configuration, again with no change. I tried to access services through a command prompt using a set of commands I found on a microsoft forum but, the SC command wasn't a valid command. The farbar scan showed that system restore was disabled, which I again thought would be fixed once the infection was gone.

I can access the F2 screen, Bios (F12) and advanced boot options screen (F8) but not safe mode. I have no disks and the repair/recovery USB I made doesn't work. I may have messed up when creating it. The repair your computer options (from advanced boot options screen) showed problem signature 04: 21198497 and problem signature 06: 10. This is the only computer I have and am using my wifes android to post with. Any help is greatly appreciated, just be aware Im not too tech savvy.

If helpful, there may be some more info in the virus/malware help forum under my topic here:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/645695/ive-tried-4-times-to-remove-some-malware-need-help/?p=4232269#entry4232269

Thank You! Steve

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 992 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:16 AM

Your BSOD codes are in the thread here

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/19c703a4-f52a-4b90-8a8c-fd80cbaf9c7a/windows-7-no-boot-stop-0x0000007b-and-classpnpsys-problem?forum=w7itprogeneral

#3 chriffan

chriffan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:53 PM

Opera, thank you for the link I should have found on my own. I was confused by all the options discussed and lacking knowledge of most of what was discussed, I opted for the simplist: change the bios from sata to legacy and reboot. I don't understand how it got this way or why, but this worked!

Thanks again, Steve

#4 chriffan

chriffan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:03 AM

Another question, why is the computer still freezing on reboot with the same horizontal lines?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users