Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lenovo G50-80 Laptop Keeps Crashes/Reboots with BSOD since yesterday

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ytg0649

ytg0649

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:37 PM

I have a Lenovo G50-80 laptop that I bought last year February 7th. It went bad after I downloaded a file last night after receiving warning of detected malware from my Windows Defender. My laptop keeps rebooting in a BLUE screen of DEATH. Apparently it's an STOP 0x00000009 Error with ndistpr64.sys... Yikes. I can get past the login screen, but the laptop keeps crashing and rebooting like 20 seconds after getting booted. I've tried unchecking the automatic restart button and even created a complete memory dump each time before my computer crashed again after like a minute of booting. And... pressing f8 does not seem to work... Is there any way to escape this screen of death WITHOUT resetting my computer to its factory setting? I mean, I don't want to lose the data within it... Is the data recovery impossible if the computer keeps rebooting and won't let me do anything?

hWoVzzz.jpg

Image link edited to remove offensive language

NickAu

Edited by NickAu, 03 May 2017 - 11:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:39 PM

Greetings,

ndistpr64.sys is a kernel-mode driver (rootkit) associated with the SmartService Trojan. This trojan is quite difficult to remove and can be very persistent. Please post in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum therefore, taking special attention to follow this preparation guide.

When you have done posted, please do not make any further changes to your computer, such as uninstalling programs, editing the registry, etc.

Good luck with your log.

Regards,
bwv848

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,570 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:24 PM

I have edited the original screen shot link to remove offensive language

Edited by NickAu, 03 May 2017 - 11:24 PM.

#4 ytg0649

ytg0649
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:41 AM

smile.gifwhistling.gif My friend and I were able to locate the recovery button next to the charging part. Then my friends used a flashdrive to nuke the Harddrive C: and it restored on its own. We started the computer finally then we removed some files on the Windows Defender like Trojan files (geez we found like 6). My issue has been solved, but yeah Lenovo 50-80 laptops can't enter safe mode by continuously pressing f8 when starting... There's a little circular button next to the charging input people!!! dance.gif

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,448 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:48 AM

Glad you were able to fix the problem. Your BSOD looks like it's for Windows 10. Safe mode using F8 is not available in Windows 8 or Windows 10. There is an option to enable F8 but fast start needs to be disabled.

https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/enable-f8-safe-mode-boot-menu.8/

https://www.howtogeek.com/243901/the-pros-and-cons-of-windows-10s-fast-startup-mode/

There is also a way for force the Advanced Boot Menu by powering up the computer then forcing a shutdown using the power button when you see the spinning circle. Doing this two or three times in order should open the Advanced Boot Menu.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users