Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

another ransomware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wildrabbit

wildrabbit

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:01 PM

Please reference this case SHA1: 1fc403e829afb1351e1446a895fbfa2ba37d777d

03 may 2017

i'v got my pc infected with ransomware encryption of all files into the folders i explore.

no extension change, mask with request of bitcoin payement cannot be find into google images.

Sorry i deleted the mask cleaning the pc virus ( probably), i send an encrypted txt file to https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/identify.php and it was unable to determine ransomware.

Please find out if this is a new ransomware.

Thank's a lot.

:hello:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:08 AM

Did you find and submit a ransom notes to ID Ransomware? Uploading both encrypted files and ransom notes together provides a more positive match and helps to avoid false detections.

There are several ransomware infections that do not append an obvious extension to the end of encrypted filenames or add a known file pattern (filemarker) which helps to identify it. CryptoWall, CrypMic, DMA Locker, Microsoft Decryptor (CryptXXX), PClock, Spora, Cryptofag, TeslaCrypt v4.0, CryptoHost, MotoxLocker, KawaiiLocker, Hermes, LoveServer and Power Worm do not append or change file extensions.

Some ransomware variants (i.e. DMA Locker, TeslaCrypt, CrypMic) will add a unique hex pattern (filemarker) identifier in the header of every encrypted file so the ransomware can identify the file as one it encrypted. Spora-encrypted files utilize a 4 byte long Crc32 file marker. CryptoWall is identified by how the files are renamed. CryptoWall 3.0 and 4.0 encrypted files typically will have the same 16 byte header which is different for each victim. PClock and Cryptofag do not use a filemarker.

The best way to identify the different ransomwares that do not append an extension is the ransom note (including it's name), samples of the encrypted files, the malware file itself or at least information related to the email address used by the cyber-criminals to request payment. Without any of that information or a file marker/unique hex pattern identifier, it is difficult to determine what you are dealing with.

Based on current infection rates and statistics, PClock is the most prevalent ransomware variant that does not change the extension or leave a filemarker. Unfortunately, newer PClock variants are not decryptable.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 wildrabbit

wildrabbit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:19 AM

Dear Quietman7

thank's for the help, unfortunately i do not have any ransom note. I do not get what the ransomnote exactly is.

Looking at the microsoft screenshots of pclock i can say it is not the same image, it was with countdown and brown shaped colours.

Anyway i used norton secure erasers to wipe out the malaware and for the moment i have the os in stand by.

For telling the true i have just to recover some family photo but i have part of that eleseware.

Regards

:thumbup2:

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 07 May 2017 - 06:08 AM

As with most ransomware infections...the best solution for dealing with encrypted data is to restore from backups.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users