Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HOW TO RECOVER TRASH FILES

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 iampermanent

iampermanent

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 03 May 2017 - 10:09 AM

My friend accidentally deleted her trash without realizing she had assignments she had yet to submit in it. 

IS THERE ANY WAY TO RECOVER THEM??!!!

Specs: Version 10.12.2 Macbook Air 13 inch MacOS Sierra

please help!!!! 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:19 PM

Potentially, yes.

The first thing is that your friends should not save anything else to the computer (or realistically use the computer) until you have tried to recover the files. When you delete something typically, it actually stays there until it is overwritten by saving something else to that spot on the disk. So, the more the computer is used, the more likely the erased data that you want to try to recover is lost forever.

Next would be to try a data recovery program. The only one that I am directly familiar with is Data Rescue by Prosoft, which is NOT free. You can down load the "trial" and have it scan for the erased files and it will tell you if what it believes it can recover. To actually recover them, you would then need to purchase the program.

There are free options out there as well. Since I have not used or directly aware of any free programs, I cannot really offer any suggestions. The closest I might offer that is free is to look at EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac. I have no experience with it nor with any other program from the company, but I have seen many regular users from these forums recommend their backup software.

#3 kellyon

kellyon

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:13 AM

Had the same problem last week. My good friend advised me this free file recovery software https://www.cleverfiles.com/free-data-recovery.html. With its help I recovered all deleted files in an hour. Very convenient. Despite it's commercial software you can recover 100MB of data for free.

#4 EllaShan

EllaShan

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:18 AM

Hi,

Is your Mac set up with time machine? If yes, then you should be able to get the deleted files back that way.

If you don’t have a time machine backup yet, then your best option would probably be a recovery software for Mac. If new data files have not yet been written over that space, the old data is still there and may be recoverable

Hope you find this useful..

#5 jasonwili

jasonwili

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 05 November 2017 - 11:29 PM

There are lots of ways to recover them. Firstly please define me, you can use any recovery tool or manual recovery process.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users