Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Server 2008 r2 dns

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 conway784

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:35 AM

Hi guys,

One windows 7 client on my network is able to join my domain. It was part of my domain before. Now i check on my sbs console, it says computer account disabled.

1- When i try to join the domain. Returns a dns error. All other pc on the network has the same dns and they work

2- When i ping the dns, it returns the ip address of the nic(static or dhcp).

Any suggestions

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:56 PM

manually set the ip address and gateway and dns under ncpa.cpl, then take the machine off the domain, reboot, then rejoin.

You could always use netdom but you would need to install RAT on the Win7 machine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users