Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How many tags are there in HTML?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:42 AM

I wasn't really lucky with getting a concrete answer on this topic here, so I decided to repost it, but this time in this particular sub-forum. Hope this doesn't cause confusion or is considered as spam.

How many commands, such as (title) (/title), are there in HTML?
A friend of mine told me that there were only about 250 such tags which means that it's pretty easy for most coders to learn to write HTML. Is this true - are there only ~250 HTML commands, and if not,
How many HTML tags are there?
:)

Edited by Just_One_Question, 02 May 2017 - 06:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Steakboy

Steakboy

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:45 PM

There are a ton of tags. https://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_byfunc.asp shows a good list of them.

From my limited knowledge, i would say 250 is a good estimate. The best thing about HTML is how easy it is. for example in one my lines of code i put: 

<iframe src="enter basic sharable google drive url here" width="910px" height="700px" border="0" ></iframe>

the iframe tag makes a box that will display some item, usually a website of sorts. Or anything with a URL

src="" is what the source is. Anytime you will be pulling in outside information you will need to determine the src, or the source. 

once you run that you quickly realize the box is to small, so we can add width inline with the code to change the width. Same with the height.

The easy part of HTML is all these things are usable with any other tags. You can change the border, the width, the height, all with the same modifiers.

so anytime you need to change the width, just add "width="200x". where x is what measurement you want, px for pixels, or % for a percent of the screen width.

#3 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:53 PM

Hey, man, thank you so much for taking the time to look into my question! Your further explanations were also pretty clarifing for me. You're awesome!:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users