Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

In what order should I buy..

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fla88

Fla88

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:25 AM

Hi all! Im new here so I apologize if this is in the wrong thread.

So I have two major questions,

1. This started happening out of nowhere. Been using this set up for a year. I keep losing dvi and hdmi (all video) immediately. Pc continues to cycle on and off until it eventually attempts an auto repair which just gets interrupted by loss of signal again. Im forced to shut down. My friend works on computers for a living. We cant figure it out. I've gone as far as to do a complete wipe...same thing happens. Any suggestions would be great. Which leads me to..

2. Im thinking either my gpu or mobo is starting to go bad. So Im thinking of a slight rebuild since it needs an update as it is. I simply need advice as to what I should upgrade first considering the current problem im already having.

Mobo: asus p8p67 deluxe
Cpu: i52500k 3.3gh
Gpu: gtx 780 3g
Psu: Evga sulernova NEX750B1
Ram: 16g Gskill ddr3

If anyone needs more info please ask. Sorry again if this is the wrong thread.

Thanks guys.

Edited by Fla88, 02 May 2017 - 04:43 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:10 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

I'd start with the Power Supply, mostly due to the cycling on and off part of the issue.

#3 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,351 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:10 PM

I'd change motherboard first as PSU is much newer than motherboard. Too bad LGA1155 motherboards are hard to find.

#4 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:27 PM

Most would likely slave in another PSU of sufficient wattage first, as that is typically far easier and less expensive than a MB/CPU swap. 

If it is potentially a weak PSU not handling the load, you might buy yourself some time by removing the GPU and running off internal video on the mainboard, which will spare your PSU 100-150 watt load or so....

YOu can also drop down temporarily to a single stick of RAM in required slot  (alternating them to test both) to rule that out...

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users