Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Delete key shuts down computer on windows 10

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 midas1968

midas1968

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:48 PM

Hi,  first windows is not letting me run  the farbar tool as WIndows(Defender smart screen stops it)

I asked about this in the general section and someone stated to run system restore, unfortunately i worked with a tech here for a couple weeks on this supposedly seperate issue and we never could get system restore to work.  I read someone that Microsoft admitted it was a problem and people were expecting a fix(tried last night and the restore still not working)

AppxStaging   dest %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps Error(0x80070091)

link to previous bleeping computer help

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/640932/mcafee-snoozed-not-loading-unable-to-restore-to-previiors-error0x80070091/

Now I think I opened a email or clicked on something that popped up while i was typing and something happened. I noticed a  Webide that is apparently supposed to be a firefox programmer's tool that came up on my toolbar and would pop up(I think when I hit a key) and would try to run something.  firefox pages seem to think this wasn't the biggest of deal and I deleted what i could, though i might have messed up one file of it in the firefox config page.

either there is a program that sets up the keyboard for a shut down short cut that i accidentally hit or my keyboard was hijacked.

can someone help me please

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 midas1968

midas1968
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:51 AM

this was apparently fixed by  updating to the latest big update by windows. I thought i had auto updates but not on this on the Windows 10 Creator update.

Type it in on windows home page and see if you need it if you are having the same problem.

#3 Oh My!

Oh My!

Adware and Spyware and Malware.....

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 36,625 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:52 AM

Thanks for letting us know.
Gary

If I do not reply within 24 hours please send me a Personal Message.

"Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God."

#4 Oh My!

Oh My!

Adware and Spyware and Malware.....

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 36,625 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:52 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
Gary

If I do not reply within 24 hours please send me a Personal Message.

"Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users