Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10/delete key shuts down computer/possible connect too WebIde

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 midas1968

midas1968

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:15 PM

HI,  last night my computer started shutting down every time i hit the delete key, i put it in safe mode and it still did the same thing.    last night something came up while i was typing and i think it installed firefox's  WebIDE,  which apparently is something i'm not supposed to get but something for programmers, though from what I read they act like it's not a big deal?

Anyway can someone help me out,  either this was a program that helps people shut down there computer with there keyboard or it seems my keyboard has been hijacked.

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,042 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:55 PM

Do you have System Restore turned on?

If so, this is a textbook example of where rolling back to the System Restore Point as immediately prior to the issue you're now experiencing as possible should be done.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#3 midas1968

midas1968
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:18 PM

Thanks for the reply.  Sadly that only brings a tear to me eye.  I worked on that on here for weeks and we were unable to get it done.

we didn't find any virus's but we couldn't get it to work.   it seemed that microsoft had aknowleged the problem and were hopefully going to come out with a fix.  I tired it yesterday and it didn't work so no fix yet.

here was that problem

AppxStaging   dest %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps Error(0x80070091)

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:40 PM

Download the Windows 10 Creator update, this contains a batch file which according to Microsoft fixes this problem.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 midas1968

midas1968
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:45 AM

Thanks Bleeping.   The update fixed the system restore,  I was worried it wouldn't do anything for my other problem as the big reboot deleted all previous restore points before my problem,  but the big patch fixed my problem with the delete key as well so it seems to be working great.

I had a big update not long ago and thought it was on automatic updates but it skipped this one. thanks so much for the heads up!!!!

#6 Lvlpost

Lvlpost

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:09 AM

you should use Windows 10 Creator update. I see Microsoft fixes this error at version. hope you fix this problem

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:06 AM

you should use Windows 10 Creator update. I see Microsoft fixes this error at version. hope you fix this problem

Thank you for reiterating what I had already posted.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,042 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:03 AM

I had a big update not long ago and thought it was on automatic updates but it skipped this one. thanks so much for the heads up!!!!

The following is being posted as general information.  The last major update was the Anniversary Update (Version 1607) which began rolling out in July 2016 and took months to complete rolling out.  The current major update is Creators Update (Version 1703) which started rolling out in April 2014 [but was intended for March] and will also take months to complete rolling out.

The major updates are not pushed out to all existing Windows 10 installations on a single day or even over a few days.  The embedded base is divided (how, only Microsoft knows) into cohorts and the major updates are rolled out one cohort at a time.  Generally the earliest cohorts have the longest lag time between each being rolled out, which makes sense because you're almost certain to have more issues with things you simply couldn't test for with any testbed since the amount and kinds of hardware on which Windows 10 is running can't be replicated no matter how one might try.  As telemetry is collected and issues fixed each successive roll out is less subject to finding new bugs.

The long and the short of the above is major updates aren't "being missed" because any given machine doesn't have them the first week to several weeks after it begins rolling out.  I forced the installation on the machine I'm writing from but the other two Windows 10 machines in my household, on Pro 32-bit and the other Home 64-bit, don't have it yet and may not have it for months depending on what's going on with the early cohorts and what needs to be tweaked.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users