Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Want to open tabs but ram is taken up? Probably by ddos? Computer is half frozen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Elgemid

Elgemid

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:09 PM

My computer kind of froze but I can just move around the notepad window i have open. I think it may have been ddosed. Is there a way to make more room on my computer ao that i can open my chrome window with tabs that have information i still want? Restarting would make the information disappear. Also i opened my task manager, which is frozen now, but it said the ram was around 90%.I googled and saw a it's possible to add ram with readyboost usb but how eould i do tjat when i cant even click on anything. The start bar disappeared along with yhe desktop icons. Also is this even a to solve this problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,478 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:29 PM

If possible, download, install, run MiniToolBox and Piriform's Speccy.  Keep logs in your data folder, don't post anything until BC folks ask for such.  I'm wondering if you can boot into Safe Mode without Networking and test a few programs that do not require internet connectivity.

Edited by RolandJS, 04 May 2017 - 05:30 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#3 iMacg3

iMacg3

Bleepin' 68000

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,032 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:23 PM

When you say "ddosed," what do you mean? There is no way to get back the chrome tabs without doing some complicated functions. It sounds like explorer.exe has been quit, so you'll have to restart your PC to get it back. Please restart your PC and see if the problem persists.

Regards, iMacg3

"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users