Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

new here, hello all!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tjbendler93

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 01 May 2017 - 06:10 PM

hi, im super glad i found this forum and i hope it can be useful for me. can i get directed to where i can go for computer issues? my laptop was slow before, i did a factory reset and its just as slow as before.

Edited by tjbendler93, 01 May 2017 - 06:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,723 posts
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:55 AM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

As a new member be sure to read the Bleeping Computer Welcome Guide and the following....

Slowness, freezing, booting, and performance issues as you describe are not uncommon, especially with older computers. There are various reasons for this besides malware - i.e. disk fragmentation, disk errors, corrupt system files, too many startup programs, unnecessary services running, not enough RAM, dirty hardware components, etc. As you use your system it becomes filled with more files/programs and has a natural tendency to slow down and behave oddly so cleaning and regular maintenance is essential. If you're not finding evidence of malware infection, the problem could be related to one of these areas.

Best regards
The BC Staff

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users