Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Amnesia Ransomware (.amnesia - HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED FILES.TXT) Support Topic

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#181 bastille

bastille

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 30 July 2017 - 12:46 AM

Is there any info from anyone who paid for the decryption key on these and actually received it? Is the recovery process also this slow? I am not planning on paying in this case but am curious if there is room for improvment generally speaking on these community based tools.

I imagine that if each file has its own decryption key, unless there is a hash of some sort to the key generator then it would also take that long. But if those work faster then there must be another key that links the next file key? It cant be random I imagine since a single "user id" is all the hacker needs to decrypt some sample files. I doubt the virus generates a database at the time of encrypting.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users