Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Non-paged memory leak after disabling/uninstalling network driver

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MarkyzZz

MarkyzZz

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:16 AM

I have Windows 7(x64) on my machine(desktop). Every time i login, the network adapter shows me that the cable is unplugged (though it is physically plugged and working). Attempting to disable/uninstall the driver causes a huge memory leak of the non-paged pool. The only way to get the driver working is to go into safe mode, uninstalling it from there, and when logging into normal mode, let windows search and install it automatically. (Sometimes this doesn't work too).

The task manager doesn't show any memory growth, just a CPU drain of 90-100% from the NTKernel process. The number of non-paged resources keeps growing until there is a BSoD.

What i tried:

• Used different driver for this particular adapter(nVidia nForce Networking Controller)---> No success. 
  • Tried to update the current driver, but it turns out i have the latest.
  • Ran a system integrity check, and everything seems normal.
  • I have done a clean boot and the problem still persists, sometimes even in safe mode (if i enable network support).
  • Used Process explorer to view where the memory leak is happening and found nothing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,029 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:47 PM

Please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic.

Thank you.

Regards,
bwv848

Useful information!
Please only use the ZIP compression format, do not use 7z, RAR, etc.!!!

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 MarkyzZz

MarkyzZz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 28 May 2017 - 04:33 AM

Please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic.

Thank you.

Regards,
bwv848

Useful information!
Please only use the ZIP compression format, do not use 7z, RAR, etc.!!!

It is really strange, but the problem got solved by itself. I don't know how, but the drivers are working properly now. I can disable, uninstall the adapters and no memory leaks occur. Problem Solved, dunno how, but is solved. Thanks for the support! 

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,029 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 28 May 2017 - 03:38 PM

You're welcome, good luck. :)

Regards,

bwv848

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users