I have Windows 7(x64) on my machine(desktop). Every time i login, the network adapter shows me that the cable is unplugged (though it is physically plugged and working). Attempting to disable/uninstall the driver causes a huge memory leak of the non-paged pool. The only way to get the driver working is to go into safe mode, uninstalling it from there, and when logging into normal mode, let windows search and install it automatically. (Sometimes this doesn't work too).
The task manager doesn't show any memory growth, just a CPU drain of 90-100% from the NTKernel process. The number of non-paged resources keeps growing until there is a BSoD.
What i tried:
- Used different driver for this particular adapter(nVidia nForce Networking Controller)---> No success.
- Tried to update the current driver, but it turns out i have the latest.
- Ran a system integrity check, and everything seems normal.
- I have done a clean boot and the problem still persists, sometimes even in safe mode (if i enable network support).
- Used Process explorer to view where the memory leak is happening and found nothing.