Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Spellchecker After Restore

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 UtterNutter

UtterNutter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:51 PM

Hi,

I restored my laptop and now the spellchecker won't work. I've followed some advice from Microsoft to no avail. Tried stuff from the Web but still no joy. Spellcheck is on in settings. Can anyone help?

Alex

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:45 PM

Unfortunately you haven't listed what you have tried already so you may just end up posting ''Tried that already, it didn't work'' :)

I'll start with one here, have you tried looking at this setting to make sure it is enabled?

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-spell-checker-windows-10

Also this one

https://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/13128-spell-checking-turn-off-windows-8-a.html

Edited by opera, 30 April 2017 - 11:48 PM.

#3 UtterNutter

UtterNutter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:49 AM

Hi, yes I did do that. Didn't work.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,762 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:02 AM

Please post what you have already tried so we don't go through this "already tried that" scenario.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 UtterNutter

UtterNutter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:18 AM

I'm so sorry. I can't remember now! So the "already tried that" scenario won't happen again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users