Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[HELP NEEDED] PC doesn't turn on with a new motherboard.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Defalt

Defalt

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:23 AM

Hello. 

So I have recently purchased a motherboard. 

HP 696549-002 MERLIN MOTHERBOARD WITH INTEL QUAD CORE i5-4570 3.20Ghz/3.60Ghz

(I know, it's bleep) 

But I am trying to get it to work, I have purchased an adapter that will fit the 24pin socket from the PSU into it and it will divide into two separate sockets.

So I finally set everything up and even the power is flown into the motherboard because when I turn on my PSU after plugging it it, both the motherboard and the GPU light up, indicating that it is receiving power but the problem is? Start button.

On the new motherboard, I have no idea where I need to plug the power button socket in because there are many similar pins.

One says "Front USB" another says "Media" and I have no idea where to plug the power button's cables in because there are no matching sockets. 

I have tried using the methods from YouTube that says you can power it without he button by simply touching two pins together using a screw driver. 

But it just doesn't work, someone please help me out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nickos

nickos

• Members
  • 230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:47 AM

hi,

if your motherboard receive power from your psu then your problem is with the pwr (power connector)

if you can find the pdf manual then you will see how your pwr connector can be connected otherwise try to find a photo of your motherboard

#3 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,453 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:50 AM

Your PSU is what?

That motherboard uses non-standard PSU connectors.

#4 Defalt

Defalt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:51 AM

My PSU is a Crosair CX 600 and yes I know, I use an adapter for it. 

But the problem is I can't get the button to work

@nickos, I will soon.

#5 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,846 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:32 PM

Some times the power button is connected to the power supply instead.  Those MOBO's are a pain to assemble, prefer to start on a benchtop before installing in the chassis.

#6 Defalt

Defalt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:45 AM

Some times the power button is connected to the power supply instead.  Those MOBO's are a pain to assemble, prefer to start on a benchtop before installing in the chassis.

But where would it be on a Crosair 600 CX, see the power button's socket is like this:
[-] = Blocked of hole

[ ] = Normal hole

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

[ ][ ][ ][ ][-]

One little space hole is blocked off. I don't know if it matters how many of them are plugged in.

#7 Defalt

Defalt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:07 PM

So does anyone have any idea what to do.

I simply can't get my PC to start once I plug in the power button into the socket, I don't know if I need a different one, but when I turn on the PSU the GPU and motherboard light us as if it is receiving power,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users