Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which ram to install to increase memory in desktop pc?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tantrik

tantrik

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:57 AM

Dear friends,

I have a desktop pc with asus H81M-E motherboard, intel core i3 4130 processor and transcend DDR3 2048 MB, 1333 MHz ram. I want to buy and install another ram to the motherboard to increase the memory but I have some confusions to clarify. The motherboard has one empty ram slot.

Should I buy a ram with the same specifications from the same manufacturer? I read in a website that to avoid conflict 2 rams in two different slots installed in a motherboard should have the same specifications from the same manufacturer. What if I buy and install a 2GB/4GB ram with 1600 MHz bus speed from a different manufacturer? Will that produce terrible conflict with the existing ram? In my area rams are available from different manufacturers like - adata, avexir, corsair, g. skill, geil, kingston, team, transcend, twinmos, hp etc.

Your kind suggestions are highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:06 AM

Basically you could put any 2GB/4GB stick from any manufacturer at any speed at least 1333 MHz.

That "same specifications from same manufacturer" is simply to make random compatibility problems less likely. But as you simply cannot avoid random compatibility problems 100% sure, that matters very little.

Edited by Drillingmachine, 30 April 2017 - 08:06 AM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:31 AM

Specs

As stated above.

It it were me...I would forget about the 2GB module and just buy a pair of modules, such as This.  A pair will allow you to run in dual-channel mode.

Louis

#4 tantrik

tantrik
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 01 May 2017 - 06:16 AM

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions.

#5 dna9

dna9

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:25 PM

ya what he said...   ^^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users