Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

malwarebytes slowing down computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 aer

aer

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:08 PM

I just had to shut down malwarebytes, my computer has started running very slow and task manager shows it using a lot of memory.   I ended it in task manager but it started up again.  I am going to turn it off but am a little nervous about getting malware.  I have read there are some problems with it, is this one of them?  I have a new Dell laptop and am running windows 10.  Also, is there a way to turn Cortina off?  Not sure I need that either!

I shut down the protection but it keeps restarting itself - task manager shows it taking up CPU ad memory again.  Do I need to uninstall? 

Thank you

Ann

Edited by aer, 29 April 2017 - 10:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:33 PM

Ann:

As a fellow Malwarebytes user, and someone who has had past, since resolved, issues with Version 3 of Malwarebytes Premium, I would recommended that you post in the Malwarebytes 3.0 Forum.

To expedite identifying and resolving your issues, I would also recommend that before posting, you follow the recommended reporting steps and supply the requested logs.  The information can be found here.

The Malwarebytes Team has been very diligently addressing outstanding issues.  I am sure that they will be able to help you.

Good luck and have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Member of the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users