Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dimming no longer working after new update

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 trevzilla

trevzilla

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:50 PM

Hi All!

My laptop just updated today, and I have noticed that the dimming function no longer works. When I press function+F5, it should dim. The dimming display shows up saying that the command is being sent to windows, but the screen doesn't actually dim.

I've also right clicked and gone to display settings to try to dim it from there. Still no luck. I can move the slider back and forth as much as I want, but the screen always stays the same brightness.

I've followed a couple tutorials online about updating display drivers, but they are all up to date already. And the microsoft basic display driver didn't do the trick either. It seems like all the tutorials online are maybe for an older problem. Can't find anything recent.

My graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce GTX 980M. I'm running windows 10. If you need any other computer specs, just ask!

Thanks for any help you can offer!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,031 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 30 April 2017 - 12:00 AM

What is the make and model of your laptop?

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 30 April 2017 - 12:40 PM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

The one piece of information the Speccy will not provide is the make and model of your PSU.  If you know what it is please post this along with the Speccy link which will be generated.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy...1png_zpsr3irze6o.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy...2_zpsia3rp09d.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy...3_zpsnj1twsfh.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 trevzilla

trevzilla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:22 AM

Here's the Speccy URL:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/TTfmtYQoUEknwotFQCzaRel

My computer is an Asus "Republic of Gamers" laptop.

My PSU is made by Delta Electronics. INC with a model number ADP-230EB T

#5 trevzilla

trevzilla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2017 - 06:27 PM

Anybody? I'm just bumping this to get some more views. :)

#6 trevzilla

trevzilla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:55 AM

Well, I got it figured out. Rolled back my display drivers to an older version, and it seems to work again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users