Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Double BSOD: I'm stumped.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 computerdude100

computerdude100

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:14 PM

It's around 8 PM on a beautiful Friday afternoon, and all I want to do is hop onto some Rocket League for some good times. I go to turn on my computer, and BAM! DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION comes up, and won't stop coming up. On occasion, it tells me that cfosspeed6.sys is the cause.

So, I let it try to automatically repair the problem - thinking maybe if it didn't work, I could just hop into safe mode and see what's up. Wrong! Before automatic repair even loads, I get hit with PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, and it just restarts in a cycle.

However, I am able to boot from a Windows To Go drive, or installation media.

Here's what I've done so far:

• Ran sfc /scannow from WinPE, no integrity violations.
  • I ran DISM /Image:J:\ /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, and it completed successfully, but didn't seem to help much. (J: was the drive letter in WinPE.)
  • I ran chkdsk /f, it said it repaired something, but it didn't fix the issue at hand.
  • I ran memtest86, memory tested fine, no errors. (Also swapped the memory around, used one at a time as well.)
  • I've tried a system restore, and it fails because it can't find the original version of Java that was on the computer before the restore point was made.
  • I ran startup repair from the installation media, it suggests a System Restore, which fails.
  • Unplugged all peripherals, other than mouse/keyboard.
  • Removed the GTX 970 and tried going off of the iGPU, no luck.
  • Tried a completely different stick of memory, no luck.

So by now, I'm completely out of ideas. My only options left, in my eyes, are to go back to the Anniversary Update and hope for the best, or reinstall Windows entirely (which I'd love to avoid either of those at all costs.)

Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried looking for dump files, but the only one I could find was from the 20th, and it wasn't related to this.

Here's my specs if you're interested:

Intel Core i7 4770

16GB DDR3 1600

NVidia GeForce GTX 970

2x SSDs, 4x HDDs

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerdude100

computerdude100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:59 PM

Update: Here's the memory.dmp file. I can't find any minidumps, so this is all I've got.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7gcBt3pDyWuY0NoUE5POGFpbFU

#3 computerdude100

computerdude100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:31 PM

Update: Solved it myself. It was caused by the ASUS NFC Reader.

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:32 PM

Glad to hear!

Regards,

bwv848

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users