Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Looking for a new laptop, need help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rusofil

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 29 April 2017 - 04:15 PM

I am planning to buy a new laptop, but I have specific requirements:
- screen must be 17''
- I must be able to install Windows 7 64 bit on it and have all the drivers work properly
- 8 or more ram
- price: 500 GBP/600 EUR
- brand is irrelevant as long as I can have all requirements given. 
Please, don't send me to Google. It's filled up with gazillions of computers but I need an opinion of real people here. 

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 29 April 2017 - 04:17 PM.
Moved to 'Advice for a New Computer'.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,652 posts
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:52 PM

Lenovo has been a real good but for me,  Both a laptop and desktop unit bought in 2012 are running strong with no trouble. 

#3 iMacg3

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,007 posts
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:18 PM

In my opinion, buying a new, Windows 10 computer, and installing Windows 7 on it will be a waste of time. I personally would get a Windows 7 laptop on eBay that will be much easier to configure. Some Win 10 laptops are not able to downgrade to Win 7 because of drivers not working properly or sometimes not having drivers up for download at all.

eBay has a huge selection of Win 7 laptops, many with 17" screens. I recommend a Lenovo or HP laptop. Make sure you have a Windows 7 Installation disc or make sure that the computer on eBay has a "recovery" option. You'll have to reinstall the OS once you get the laptop, just to clear out any old files and possible malware.

Regards, iMacg3

"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

#4 robertdane101

• Banned Spammer
  • 27 posts
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:20 AM

This fits your requirements.

Edited by robertdane101, 18 May 2017 - 01:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users