Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No sounds

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tyler4402

tyler4402

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 29 April 2017 - 11:53 AM

Windows7 Pro SP1 64 bit build 7601

Power ATX 12v MODEL:750 UB
BIOS Award F3 V600PG

Gigabyte Motherboard H55M-D2H rev 1.4

Intel Core 3.2Gb i3 550 3.2Gb

Monitor resolution 1680 X 1050

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev 2 socket 775, 1156, 1366, A2 AM3 Heat-pipe

Ram Memory 8Gb slot A0 & A2

Nvidia GeForce GTS 450

Controller Intel 3400 2 port ATA- 3B26

Wireless network TP- Link 150Mps PCI Adapter

Sound Realtek HD Audio

256 Gb SSD drive with Operating System

500Gb General storage drive

250Gb photo storage drive

Comodo firewall

Avast anti virus

Chrome browser

Hi all, the problem is the sound on my pc has stopped working, I have tried clicking the speaker icon and the play back devices >recording tab, the green check is shown on Speakers, and when expanded they all are listed as Ready.

The Realtek audio manager shows the four speakers but when tested there is no sound.

I have tried services.msc and windows audio is set to Automatic, and in Device manager >Sound and video controllers have no yellow icons and the Realtek high definition audio is listed as working ok.

I have looked in the BIOS but cannot see anything mentioning Audio, it sort of points to the sound card?? but I don't know how to test it, as it looks like its part of the motherboard.

Any pointers most welcome, regards Robert. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tyler4402

tyler4402
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:32 AM

Many thanks for your help Nickos, I do have the mother board manual, but I needed to know what to look for, and I will probable be able to follow your instructions once I am clear what to do.

When you say install again from the CD-rom I presume the Gigabyte motherboard cd? which I do have, regards Robert.

#3 tyler4402

tyler4402
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2017 - 05:01 AM

Hi Again Nickos , I followed your instructions ok and did the uninstall and re install, I use Revo uninstaller which automatically zaps all the dross left behind, you just have to take care what you tick, but unfortunately still no sound.

There is a couple of things I don't understand, should I be using the Realtek high Deff Audio speakers, or the Realtek digital output? (shown in playback devices) At the moment the speakers have a green tick, and as before when I check all the drivers etc are shown as working ok.

For information the 4 speakers are plugged into a central box, is that the Woofer? anyway it looks dead no buzz or sound comes from it and I think it should have a small green light at the back when its working as it should, and also if I take the Green or Black plugs out of the back of the pc there is no buzzing or indication that plug has power going through it, regards Robert.

#4 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:05 AM

What type of speakers are these?

Assuming they are powered speakers (with their own amplification built in) do they work with other devices, e.g. a phone or MP3 player?  If not the fault may lie in the speakers themselves.

7sbvuf-6.png

#5 tyler4402

tyler4402
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:54 AM

Hi Guys, thanks for your help and your ideas, I have had the (Cambridge Soundworks) 4 point surround sound speakers since 2001 and there are 4 of them and the box which they all plug into, and I do hope that it is something simple like a wrong connection, or (maybe something turned off) although I have not had the speakers unplugged at all.

I have re checked that the BIOS is still set to Azalia, and is in Auto mode

There seems to be just 2 plugs which plug into the back of the PC one is Green and the other Black, so I put the black one onto the matching Black channel and the Green one into the Green channel.

The only other thing I can think of which might?? have started the problem is that I unplugged a SATA hard drive and replaced it with a IDE hard drive + the 39 pin cable to suit in order to extract some old photos which were stored on the drive, after I then returned the SATA drive back to the PC, but I can't figure out how that could have caused my sound loss?

Regards Robert.

#6 tyler4402

tyler4402
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:03 PM

Hi Nickos, I don't see how swapping hdd's can cause this problem either, it was just a wild thought, although as I stated earlier the box which the speakers plug into has no power as the green light is not illuminated and the box does not buzz when I turn the on/off switch, this box is connected to a sort of transformer which plugs into the main electrical supply, so I have just changed the fuse in the plug, but still no joy   :nono:  so I will try another fuse which I have tested first and I know is a good one.

Thanks for your help, regards Robert. 

#7 tyler4402

tyler4402
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:46 AM

Hi Guys, here is an update, I have traced the problem to a duff transformer which reduces mains power to the 12v 1.5a required by the sound system, I guess that I could order a new one but I have decided to repair with a new 5.1 surround sound system which I have ordered.so many thanks again for your help, best regards Robert.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users