Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD, have no clues except possible driver issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Commoditism

Commoditism

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:48 PM

· OS - Windows 8.1
· x64 
· Original installed OS on system: Possibly windows 8
· OS purchased from retailer
· Age of system (hardware): 2 years
· Age of OS installation: 2 years, no re-installation
· CPU: AMD FX-8350
· Video Card: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (EVGA)
· MotherBoard - ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A99X EVO R2.0 (Socket 942)
· Power Supply - CX600M 600 watt

· System Manufacturer: homemade desktop

Hi and thanks for any help in advance. The only thing I can think that could have caused this was an old usb wifi dongle I had that was plugged into my monitor, which had a usb 3.0 connection to the pc. It started crapping out (wifi disconnecting) at the same time my pc started restarting seemingly at random, sometimes when I would open a file or a program. When I replaced it with a pci adapter and unplugged and re-plugged my monitor's usb 3.0 cable it stopped restarting randomly... until today when it just froze with the BSOD. This was happening when I was trying to encode a video in Adobe Premiere and the cpu was running really high for extended periods of time, but no real signs of anything wrong like overheating. It's been about 2 weeks since I've had any problems, but those are really my only clues. It seems to running perfectly fine otherwise.

Attached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   1.85MB   1 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Commoditism

Commoditism
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:01 PM

I think I fixed it!! The culprit was asupio.sys which is a driver for Ai Suit II that I've had since I first got this pc. All I had to do was uninstall it after doing the driver verification and having it BSOD every time it restarted. This article was really helpful: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?62075-asupio-sys-BSOD-s-with-Driver-Verifier-on-Three-Separate-Systems

#3 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:21 PM

Glad to hear. Let us know if we can be of further help.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users