Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 10 Creators Upgrade - 2010 Outlook calendar gone

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hewitt

Hewitt

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:06 PM

Microsoft automatically upgraded me from Windows 10 to Windows 10 Creators.  I promptly lost my Outlook 2010 Calendar with the error message "cannot find the folder."  Multiple clicks (OK, 30) on the calendar button and epic cursing finally brought it up, but scrubbed of all data entries save for repeat entries.  From Outlook, clicking on File, Account Information, Account Settings, Data, reveals three calendar files--iCloud, Outlook, and my email address--all of which are updated as of today, rendering them useless.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get my calendar data back?  Microsoft support is no help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,248 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:14 PM

One option is to revert back to the previous build but that may cause more problems.

https://www.howtogeek.com/235474/how-to-roll-back-builds-and-uninstall-updates-on-windows-10/

After a major upgrade Windows should have a Windows.old folder which is used for rolling back to the previous version. You may be able to browse this Windows.old folder for the previous 2010 calendar entries. I am not sure where those are located though.

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:17 PM

Uninstall your Office 2010 and then reinstall it because the calendar is still there in my Office 2010 Professional with Creators Update.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#4 Hewitt

Hewitt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:04 PM

After a wait of three days of frustration, the problem solved itself.  Earlier, going to My calendars (upper left) and Calendar iCloud yielded an error message:  "The set of folders cannot be opened.  The information store could not be opened."  (Information store?!)  Now, Calendar iClouds yields my calendar with all the data.  Sometimes computers are more slow than defiant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users