Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why do I not receive emails from 1 person? (2 if we cound years ago..)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 projectfear22

projectfear22

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:53 PM

I was supposed to get an email for my future job and it didn't show up anywhere.

What should I do to make sure that I get it tommorow when they send it again to me? I added x@x.x to safe senders and also x.x (without the @ and stuff before it). But so far that's the only thing that I can do :S

This is an original topic I made (I have someone set up desktop outlook now, I assume it works since I do get emails I send from the net to myself, even tho what pops up upon opening the desktop outlook still is popping up)

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-ecoms/urgent-help-me-set-up-email-in-outlook-program-2nd/3afbf000-d502-4c11-9122-2828b50f0391?tm=1493394734473

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 497 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:54 AM

@projectfear22

Please follow the link below, choose the Outlook Version and the Email Provider that you are using. Complete the steps to setup your email.

Also, the article contains links to detailed troubleshooting steps for a existing email account.

This article is enhanced and offers information on most aspects of email setup & configuration for MS Outlook.

Hope this helps

Old Rocker

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:53 PM

I was supposed to get an email for my future job and it didn't show up anywhere.
What should I do to make sure that I get it tommorow when they send it again to me? I added x@x.x to safe senders and also x.x (without the @ and stuff before it). But so far that's the only thing that I can do :S

It kind of depends on why it did not make it to you the last time.

The most common reason would be it was caught by a spam filter. Typically, if you are using a browser based email (i.e. Gmail, Hotmail, etc), then it will be a server based spam filter and typically those servers will put messages that it considers to be spam in either a spam folder or junk folder unless you change the settings (some allow you to immediately delete messages labeled as spam rather than put them in a spam or junk folder, but this is typically NOT the default setting). So, if this was the reason why it did not show up in your inbox, then it should likely be in a spam or junk folder in your account (i.e. you should still be able to find it in your account). If it is not, then it tends to suggest that it did not make it to you for another reason. If a spam filter was the reason, then you did what at least one item help prevent that by adding a safe sender. The other thing would be to check the spam filter settings to make sure it is not set to just delete messages labeled as spam.

The other potential reason would be if the sender mistyped the email address when sending the message. If this was the case, there is nothing on your end to "fix" this other than to potentially simplify your email address if it is complex (i.e. maybe setup another email account with a simple address on GMail).

I will note that setting up an email client will likely not help. If it is not showing up in an online inbox accessed by way of a browser, then it likely will not show up in an email client. The email client still has to get the email message from the email account's server, which is what is serving up the inbox through the browser. So, you are just adding another layer to the same system. So, if the problem is with your email provider's system/server or on the sender's end, then using an email client will not change a thing.

To me, your best option would be to setup another email account on another service (such as Gmail as it is free and it look like you are currently using Hotmail) and have them send the email to both your old account and new account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users