Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

So, I just published a novel...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 EndlessJourney

EndlessJourney

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:22 PM

Hey everyone,

I've just published my first fiction book on Amazon, titled Technodiversity. It's a science fiction adventure on a world where rogue software animates junk to life.

The book is free until May 2, and I thought to share it with you here as a way of giving back to the community that has time and again helped me with my PC woes.

A few tidbits about Technodiversity:

• Female protagonist who doesn’t cry at the first sight of trouble
  • First person, present tense
  • Adventure sprinkled with humor, romance and a pinch of physics
  • A sci-fi book where the word ‘robot’ appears only once and the word ‘science’ zero times

So, if you're into sci-fi, go grab Technodiversity for free here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071H8GC3T/

Also, if any members are interested in writing, and perhaps even publishing, I am at your disposal to help. In addition to Technodiversity, I have published several non-fiction titles on Amazon, and also have some experience with 'mainstream' publishing.

Below is the cover of my book, showing the heroine about to give chase to a technocreature known as Faraday Fox:

51PU%2BQZIXML.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:48 PM

Nice! Keep up the good work!:) BTW, I see that your native language is not English, yet your book is. Quite impressive. Wish you success!:thumbup2:

#3 EndlessJourney

EndlessJourney
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:14 PM

Nice! Keep up the good work! :) BTW, I see that your native language is not English, yet your book is. Quite impressive. Wish you success! :thumbup2:

Thanks.

Well, as far as languages are concerned, my whole professional career revolves around writing content in English for clients across the English-speaking world, so a novel in English just came naturally. (I have several non-fiction titles on Amazon, as well as more than a thousand articles across hundreds of websites.)

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:13 PM

Thank you for thinking of the BleepingComputer community. I just added it to my library. Will let you know when I've read it.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 EndlessJourney

EndlessJourney
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:25 AM

Thank you for thinking of the BleepingComputer community. I just added it to my library. Will let you know when I've read it.

I've said some time ago that I'd like to give back to this community. Since my technical skills are nowhere near the average, a sci-fi novel was the best I could do. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users