Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new pc for uni

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alexandercv

alexandercv

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:21 AM

So it's time to replace my old pc,which was built in 2013.I have made a few upgrades here and there.The specs are:
-Amd A8 5600;
-8 gbs of ram,i am pretty sure that the two sticks have different speed ;
-nvidia gtx 950 2gb;
-Kingston 240 ssd;
-1tb hard drive;
-really ****ed up case,which is probably as old as me;
So i have about 800$.I will use the computer for digital drawing,photoshop,some video editing,Z-brush and simillar software.
As far as games-I have lost interest in most triple a games(i'm probably going to buy a 3ds for exclusive gaming),but i want to be able to play semi-demanding games like black desert,dark souls,some indie games,stuff like that.I can reuse the ssd and the hard drive

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:13 PM

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($316.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($138.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 2GB Dual WindForce Video Card  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Case: *Xion XON-350_BK ATX Mid Tower Case  ($24.99 @ Amazon) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($89.98 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $777.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-28 13:06 EDT-0400

I reused as many things as I could.

CPU: Ryzen 7 has 8 cores and 16 threads making it perfect for any of the workstations tasks you're doing. The next equivalent Intel CPU is at the $1000 point making this one a very cost effective one. It is also overclockable with the stock cooler if you want to, otherwise it should perform brilliantly. Gaming isn't quite as far as Intel but as you aren't doing anything too demanding, it will be absolutely fine (5 - 10 FPS loss compared to Intel perhaps.)

RAM: Your old RAM is DDR3 which isn't compatible so I replaced it with DDR4. Higher RAM speeds scale well with Ryzen so DDR4 3000 is always a plus. 16GB should be enough for your uses as well but it's always upgrade able just in case.

Storage: Reused your old SSD/HDD

GPU: The GTX 950 is still a pretty good GPU for any of the games you are playing. It should be worth reusing it for anything at 1080p

CASE: If you click on this PCPartPicker part list it will take you to the list of parts on PCPartPicker. Look to the case and click parametric filter just below it. Any of the cases on that page will serve you well and they are all compatible. Just make sure it's well reviewed and you like the design.

PSU: The G3 is a well reviewed PSU which is fully modular and gold rated if it matters. Should last you a long time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users