Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

User profile cannot be loaded in Win.10 pc

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 redjim

redjim

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:31 AM

Hi,

I logged on to my Win.10 pc as usual today when I saw a message to reboot because Malwarebytes anti exploit was taking too long to start. so when I tried to log back in I got blue screen with the message:

The ProfSvc failed the sign in User profile could not be loaded.

After several attempts to restart I tried to log in in safe mode but to no avail. Can anyone shed any light on this please?

I now know how to get to safe mode but if someone could lead me on from there that would be great 

Edited by redjim, 28 April 2017 - 08:42 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Goddess_Bastet

Goddess_Bastet

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:52 AM

I know there was a problem with MBAM 3.0x causing profile corruption where the solution (at the time) was to turn on 'delay protection at startup', this was fixed in the latest version. sounds like the problem has migrated to MBAM anti exploit.
You could try shutting the pc down completely then starting if you haven't tried that already.

#3 redjim

redjim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:42 AM

I did 

#4 redjim

redjim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:27 AM

Is anybody out there?

#5 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:18 AM

If you can't boot Windows into safe mode then create yourself a Windows 10 Setup Media with Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.

Boot you computer with Windows Setup Media and use Automatic Repair and System Restore tools.

2GvnEq2.gif

#6 redjim

redjim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:50 AM

I got into safe mode eventually and I tried to do a system restore which didn't work I got an error message with the number 0x80070091.

I also tried to do a system repair which also didn't work. Also I cant access the settings while in safe mode.

Now I don't know where I am when I try to log on it seems as if I don't have full access to the system

Its like I'm in safe mode but I'm not actually if you know what I mean

#7 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:41 PM

I understand see if you can clean boot Windows.

How to perform a Clean Boot.

Warning:  Disabling items in Services or Startup may leave your anitivius disabled until the process is ended.  For this reason I would suggest that you perform this process off line.

Press the Windows keywindowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the R key to open Run, then type msconfig in the search box.  This will open System Configuration.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should enter the password or provide confirmation.

(1)  Click/tap on the General tab.

(2)  Click/tap on the Selective startup option.

(3)  Remove the check mark in the Load startup items  check box.

msconfig_zpsuoxvomjq.png

4.  Click on the Services tab.

5.  Place a check mark in the Hide all Microsoft services check box, this will remove the Microsoft Services from the list but will still be running.

6.  Click Disable all, this will remove all of the check marks in the Services list.

clean%20boot%203_zpsyvcjopso.png

7.  Click on Hide all Microsoft services.  Click on Apply then OK

clean%20boot%202_zpsekds879g.png

Click on Restart in the window that opens.

When the computer is restarted it will boot normally.

Let me know if the problem persists after restarting the computer.

2GvnEq2.gif

#8 redjim

redjim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:50 AM

No luck, you said to click on hide microsoft services at stage 7 this would mean that its unchecked is that what you meant? Either way it didn't work . but when I tried unchecked its now giving me a other error message saying A failed fast exception occured exception handlers will not be invoked and the process will be terminated immediately.

#9 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:28 AM

You hide Microsoft services and disable third party services.

Upload Dump Files:
    NOTE:  If using a disk cleaning utility, please stop using it while we are troubleshooting your issues.
    Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder.  Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
    Left click on the first minidump file.
    Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.
    Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"
    Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.
    Upload that .zip file with your next post.

If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there.  If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.

If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP.  If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service.  Then post the link to it in your topic so that we can download it.

Also, search your entire hard drive for files ending in .dmp, .mdmp, and .hdmp.  Zip up any that you find and upload them with your next post.

Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file):  http://www.carrona.org/setmini.html
    More info on dump file options here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254649

You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error message

2GvnEq2.gif

#10 redjim

redjim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:27 AM

Ok before I do that the message I get when I log on now is the "We cant sign you into your account " message.

And should I do any of this in safe mode?

I'm not using a disk cleaning utility.

Edited by redjim, 30 April 2017 - 09:28 AM.

#11 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:12 AM

Its better if you do it inside build-in Administrator account you can enable Administrator account by executing Net user administrator /active:yes  command.

2GvnEq2.gif

#12 redjim

redjim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:19 AM

Ok, So no sign of any memory dump or mini dump and I cant do automatic search in windows. 

Do you know where I might look for these .dmp, .mdmp, and .hdmp files?

#13 redjim

redjim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:59 AM

I can't find any of the files your looking for.

#14 redjim

redjim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:01 AM

Its better if you do it inside build-in Administrator account you can enable Administrator account by executing Net user administrator /active:yes  command.

Ok This didn't work. 

Edited by redjim, 30 April 2017 - 11:06 AM.

#15 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:54 PM

Looks like Windows did not create memory dump files.

Have you try repairing your user account from Safe Mode instruction at below link.

You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error message

I would like you to check the system integrity of your Windows OS installation.

• Please right click the Windows logo (formerly the start button) at the bottom left of your screen.
  • Please select  "Command Prompt (Admin)"
  • Please type the following command and press the <Enter> key: sfc /scannow  (Please note that there is a space between 'sfc" and "/scannow".)
  • It should take about 20 minutes to run, if there are no serious errors.
  • If the System File Checker reports that some errors were fixed, but some remain; please reboot your computer and run the System File Checker from an Administrator Command Prompt, again.
  • If the System File Checker again reports that some errors were fixed, but some remain, please reboot your computer and run it a third time.
  • If "Resource Integrity Violations" (errors) are reported that could not be corrected, or were not corrected after a third SFC run, then please navigate to the folder: C:\Windows\Logs\CBS and copy the file "cbs.log" to your desktop immediately.  I am asking you do that because that file is dynamic, so I want to be able to examine a copy that is unchanged from the time that the System File Checker was run.
  • If there are errors that couldn't be corrected, let me know and I will provide you with instructions as to how to upload the file

2GvnEq2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users