Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing \Boot\BCD

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 trimmer1

trimmer1

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:36 AM

Good day. I uninstalled (CSC) "COMODO System-Cleaner 3.0.172695.53" - I started using it in 2011, and I got so used to it I don't feel comfortable using any other cleaners, besides CCleaner. I've uninstalled it before w/o any problems. I was going to use (CSU) "COMODO System Utilities".....I use "CSU" now & then but normally I stick with COMODO System-Cleaner. I like it better than any I've used.

After the uninstall, I rebooted, I got "Windows failed to start, a recent hardware or software change might be the cause, Insert your install disc and restart your PC". I don't have a W 7 CD, this is a OEM?...hope that's right. The error is, File: \Boot\BCD Status: 0xc0000034 (and) "The Windows boot config data file is missing required Info". BTW, I used Revo uninstaller, never had any problems w/it, but..?

I have a Rescue CD I made long ago, a blue box was displayed & I booted with it. I had to boot from it #3 times, every time I boot.

I 'restored to factory state' in 2013, a virus got it....besides that it's never been out of this room. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium x64. (COMODO System-Cleaner): MajorGeeks http://tinyurl.com/kjobn3r. Thank you in advance,
 -Roy

Edited by trimmer1, 28 April 2017 - 01:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,953 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:44 AM

Hi, Roy,

If your Windows 7 disc still works, boot into the recovery environment command prompt. If not, please create a Windows 7 Install disc using this tool. Now enter the following command in the Command Prompt:

bootrec /rebuildbcd

Restart and check whether if you can boot. If not, run these commands:

bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /fixmbr

Restart and if you can't boot, run Startup Repair three times with a reboot in between each run. If all else fails, try restoring your registry from its backup.

Regards,

bwv848

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 trimmer1

trimmer1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:33 PM

I can get Recovery Environment Command Prompt, but I can't remember which of the #2 repair CDs I used. I tried #2 of which I have. I can get there again, eventually. I used Magical Jelly Bean Kefinder and found Product ID and CD Key but I get an error at Microsoft. It's has to be a #25 character No., with a dash between each #5. I'll attach an image of what t/keyfinder displays. I'll end t/last five No./letters with XXXXX, thanks,

-Roy PS, sorry I couldn't find "attach image", I'll paste text. SH!T, I've been through this before with HP, about a few questions & it worked then.

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1
Product Part No.: X15-37379
Installed from 'OEM' media.
Product ID: 00359-OEM-8992687-XXXXX  match to CD Key data
CD Key: 4FG99-BC3HD-73CQT-WMF7J-XXXXX

#4 trimmer1

trimmer1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:27 AM

At first I didn't think of Windows rebooting, since I have that repair CD, but I soon realized the consequences of needing to reboot after an uninstall, an update...etc. I'm in hot water. bwv848, since I can get to recovery environment command prompt, do you think I can fix this if I know what to type in CMD? I have about 70% of my files from (C:) on a Toshiba 1 TB external drive, but I have too much to loose. I have almost all of my music, mp3's and videos on it. My sister would probably be able to get me a good deal on an external drive.......she's a supervisor at EOtech in Ann Arbor, MI & gets things at discount. In the meantime I'll limit my PC use. She'll be coming down here in a few days. Thank you,

-Roy

#5 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,953 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:17 PM

Since you can get into the Recovery Environment Command Prompt, enter the following while hitting <ENTER> after each command:

bootrec /fixboot
bootrer /fixmbr
bootrec /rebuildbcd

Regards,
bwv848

Edited by bwv848, 29 April 2017 - 09:17 PM.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#6 trimmer1

trimmer1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:16 PM

Bleepin' Owl, I tried to get back to the recovery command prompt box, with t/five options, pretty sure. I'm worn out, I'm going to try it again first thing in t/morning'. I d'loaded "17514x64.iso", 344 MB. I shouldn't have started two threads at two diff. forums, the guys at SevenForms replies are very similar to the ones I got here. Please understand, I missed a full night's sleep......I got three hr.'s this morning, my mom is 83 (does good), I had to take her shopping this morning. I can't express how much I thank you. I'll spend 2-3 hr.'s in t/morning, or whatever it takes to find the options box. I completely lucked-up by figuring out & finding my rescue DVD. I can't remember how or what DVD I found that info on....when I couldn't boot to Windows,safe mode plus Macrium backup didn't fix it, I panicked. Thanks a bunch, I'll post the results I get tomorrow,

-Roy PS, excuse typos, I'm nearly dead asleep.

#7 trimmer1

trimmer1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:39 PM

The 'startup repair' I got an error. There was a lot of explaining why, too much to write down. Now, the

last option 'command prompt', I typed the commands, all of them said successful, but the PC wouldn't boot. This is from the boot Repair Disk I made in 2010, the day I set the PC up/installed. I'm getting another external drive tomorrow and backing up my C: files then reformat, I've been putting it off too long & it needs to be done anyway. And besides, I'm wasting my time & more importantly you guys' time also.

Off topic: It's going to storm bad pretty soon here between Nashville & Knoxville, I'll stay online the rest of the day, if it's not lightning, in case anyone wants to reply, thanks very much,

-Roy PS, this deal has shot my nerves, even though my Dr. gives me Klonopin, for panic attacks.

Edited by trimmer1, 30 April 2017 - 04:48 PM.

#8 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,953 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:25 PM

Good luck with the reinstall, Roy! :)

Regards,

bwv848

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users