Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Connection Problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mnementh

Mnementh

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:46 AM

Hey, hope someone can help me.

There are 2 computers in my house, with a wired LAN connection. One is connected to the Internet with an ADSL connection, and the other accesses the Internet via Internet Connection Sharing. For years both computers have been able to share files and use the Internet without any fuss.

Now, suddenly, the client computer cannot connect to the Internet. The host computer can still access the Internet fine, but when the client PC tries to connect to the Net, the progress bar just moves extremely slowly and then just stops halfway. I've tried accessing different Web pages, with the same result.

The LAN connection is working fine as far as I can tell, since files transfer just as before. I've tried restarting both computers, disconnecting and reconnecting everything, repairing the connection, making a new connection through the Wizard, nothing seems to help. Both computers are free from malware as far as all my scans show.

The only difference from before that I have noticed is that in the Connection Status box on the client PC, the 'Received Packets' are the same or more than the 'Sent Packets', whereas before the problem started, the 'Sent Packets' always used to be noticeably more (and the 'received packets' used to be slower to pick up when the connection was first made, and now it is much faster). This is probably irrelevant, but I've included it just in case.

Both machines are using Windows XP Pro.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users