Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems With Ie And Ms Office

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Julian Ginzo

Julian Ginzo

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:43 AM

Hello,

I am having problems with IE and MS Office since (I guess) I got a virus last week which is not identified by Norton Antivirus. These are the problems:

- If I am filling out a form, there are some links that do not work i.e.: 'I agree' (when the legal confirmation comes up), 'Access to my account' (when I am trying to enter to my bank account). The IE keeps on trying until it says that the page could not be displayed.

- If I try to open Power Point, as soon as I open it and try to work with a document it closes up immediately.

I have already read some of the comments on this website and followed some directions to adjust the Internet Options (SSL, Time and Date, etc), but nothing happened.

Thank you very much for your time!

Julian.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Julian Rimoli

Julian Rimoli

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 25 September 2006 - 03:17 PM

I think I got the solution for your problem: install linux!!!

:thumbsup:

Another Julian

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:33 PM

I am having problems with IE and MS Office since (I guess) I got a virus last week which is not identified by Norton Antivirus. These are the problems:

- If I am filling out a form, there are some links that do not work i.e.: 'I agree' (when the legal confirmation comes up), 'Access to my account' (when I am trying to enter to my bank account). The IE keeps on trying until it says that the page could not be displayed.

Some of this sounds as it might be that javascripts are blocked for that site. Do you have third party software that controls privacy settings? What zone are the websites in that you have problems with: Internet or trusted ... ?

To find out if the problem is related to your browser, try using Firefox for those sites and see if the problem persists.

You mentioned that you use Norton. Which year and type of Norton do you use? Depending on the answer, Norton may be contributing to the problem

Not sure about the powerpoint problem. It sounds as if some of the files or registry keys needed to run the program may be corrupted or lost. As a last resort, you might try uninstalling and reinstalling the program. Too bad it's not a stand-alone program but comes with the whole office suite.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:

Rimoli: If you had a question about how to use watercolors to create a certain artistic effect what would your reaction be if the answerer told you to switch to oil paints?
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users